Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a couple covered calls exercised due to the bump from the secondary offering. This sounds interesting. Any reason you chose $300?

$300 is a reasonable bet even though OTM is likely to be in the money in near future

The other reason to pick $300 strike is that it is fairly liquid as there is significant trading volume vs say 290 or 310.

$TSLA weekly daily monthly all timeframes look super bullish
Hard to state upside but I stay overall highly bullish
$SNAP looks bullish 2 me
Nasdaq looks poised for a breakout and cross 6000 in short order high beta should outperform
Just my opinion Not an advice
$TSLA current daily candles similar to 12-15-16 timeframe after which SP ran up pretty hard
Similar outcome?

Reactions: TMSE and 2virgule5
I have studied trading patterns of IPOs for several years now As a broad generality many hot growth IPOs like SNAP have a 21 day trading period when they form a short IPO base and then there is a huge price appreciation within a period of 2 months or less. Often day 9th through 13th is when they bottom. Not all IPOs follow this script but over the years I've made tons of money trading this pattern. Hence i bought SNAP leaps and may buy even more on Monday AM I'm just speculating with pocket change here
TSLA on the other hand is a keeper. SNAP is a trade TSLA is an investment. between the two TSLA has stellar fundamentals and technicals and zero competition while SNAP is a fad which is unlikely to last
Facebook will eat their lunch eventually
So serious money for TSLA while chump change for SNAP

Thanks for sharing your experience. But I am wondering why would you buy LEAP on SNAP if 1) the trend up is the price appreciation is within a period of 2 months (presumably after the initial dip), and 2) if Facebook will "eat their lunch eventually" which may be 2 years or less down the road?

189,054 @ 10:31
262,354 @ 10:35

Your posts are telling a story. Small short drawdown, small again, small again, medium drawdown, small drawdown, BIG cover. Conclusions? Some small to mid-sized shorts are taking a chance getting in, but the big dog shorts continue to leave, with a trend toward net covering. Woof!

Status
Not open for further replies.