Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person getting way too much press today who is trying to get Elon to "dump trump" should sell his Tesla stock, or back off. Even if Trump ignores everything Elon says, it's a strong positive that Elon is on his advisory council, and there are many reasons to believe Trump is listening to what the advisory council suggests on certain things. If Trump is akin to a child emperor without any experience or qualifications, it's essential he surround himself with advisors who know how to make things happen.

This person is a big part of the reason Tesla was down today.

off twitter
*HAZMAT CREWS RESPOND TO SPILL AT TESLA GIGAFACTORY: ABC KOLO8

Storey County responds to chemical spill at Tesla Gigafactory

STOREY COUNTY, Nev. (KOLO) - Storey County Sheriff Gerald Antinoro confirms a hazardous materials crew is dealing with a reported chemical spill Monday afternoon at the Tesla Gigafactory at the Tahoe Reno Industrial Center.

Joe Curtis with the county says the spill is connected to the HVAC system. Several people have reported feeling sick, but it's not clear whether anyone has to be taken to a hospital, though there are ambulances on scene.

One portion of the factory has been evacuated as a precaution.

off twitter
*HAZMAT CREWS RESPOND TO SPILL AT TESLA GIGAFACTORY: ABC KOLO8

Storey County responds to chemical spill at Tesla Gigafactory

STOREY COUNTY, Nev. (KOLO) - Storey County Sheriff Gerald Antinoro confirms a hazardous materials crew is dealing with a reported chemical spill Monday afternoon at the Tesla Gigafactory at the Tahoe Reno Industrial Center.

Joe Curtis with the county says the spill is connected to the HVAC system. Several people have reported feeling sick, but it's not clear whether anyone has to be taken to a hospital, though there are ambulances on scene.

One portion of the factory has been evacuated as a precaution.

Read the snippet very closely.

1) "Reported" chemical spill.
2) Several people reported feeling sick. (To be seen if they are sick)
3) Portion of factory closed as a precaution. (Proactive response to a potential problem that might not be a problem at all.)

Read the snippet very closely.

1) "Reported" chemical spill.
2) Several people reported feeling sick. (To be seen if they are sick)
3) Portion of factory closed as a precaution. (Proactive response to a potential problem that might not be a problem at all.)

The chemical was in a 55 gallon container, which overturned. 55 gallon is similar to your homes trash basket that waste management picks up once a week, quite small.

1 hospitalized in Nevada chemical spill, evacuation at Tesla | Charlotte Observer

The chemical was in a 55 gallon container, which overturned. 55 gallon is similar to your homes trash basket that waste management picks up once a week, quite small.

1 hospitalized in Nevada chemical spill, evacuation at Tesla | Charlotte Observer
I have some experience with this in a past professional life. This is actually pretty common (and the 55gal drums are standard). It's likely a concentrated cleaning agent, the concentration often classifying it officially hazardous. They'll need to review and certify some new safety procedures, but I would buy any dips on this news if so inclined. Wishing all the best and quick recovery to the person hospitalized and others effected.

Mod...AB referring to TT007's family member @AnneBoleyn
Nothing gets by this group does it.... I'll keep my comments and ideas to a minimum in case I decide to run for congress one day; heaven knows TMC will remember something said on page 321 of the market action forum: more posts after this. J/k
On the other end, it seems whenever we get ahead, something inconsequential makes the prices drop. It's like a very fancy see-saw. I just want to have school girl like faith I'll be the one on the ground, weighted in returns this week, versus the one up in the air with nothing in my pocket.
So far I'm still in the black and live to see another day.

Nothing gets by this group does it.... I'll keep my comments and ideas to a minimum in case I decide to run for congress one day; heaven knows TMC will remember something said on page 321 of the market action forum: more posts after this. J/k
On the other end, it seems whenever we get ahead, something inconsequential makes the prices drop. It's like a very fancy see-saw. I just want to have school girl like faith I'll be the one on the ground, weighted in returns this week, versus the one up in the air with nothing in my pocket.
So far I'm still in the black and live to see another day.
you're likely to make several fold returns on your calls
infact i'm seriously thinking of increasing my call option exposure by another 25%

you're likely to make several fold returns on your calls
I am happy as long as I don't fall beneath my initial investment. It's a risky affair, but then so is going outside lately without an umbrella, or putting your credit card number on the internet.. I tend to do both. I am optimistic these call selections will be profitable, but have learned it's best to not log in to Fidelity at the open.
Several fold would be welcome, I welcome the optimism.

I am happy as long as I don't fall beneath my initial investment. It's a risky affair, but then so is going outside lately without an umbrella, or putting your credit card number on the internet.. I tend to do both. I am optimistic these call selections will be profitable, but have learned it's best to not log in to Fidelity at the open.
Several fold would be welcome, I welcome the optimism.
i would be totally shocked if $TSLA did not cross $500 sometime this year

Status
Not open for further replies.