Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that is where I would like to take this service, and even further.

At this time, however, not nearly enough people have signed up for me to allocate the time that answering your questions would take.

You're clogging up the thread quite a bit with suggestions that people subscribe to your site and other unrelated nonsense. Can you please voluntarily tone it down before the admins have to deal? Maybe limit your posts to when you have an interesting thought on TSLA market action?

You're clogging up the thread quite a bit with suggestions that people subscribe to your site and other unrelated nonsense. Can you please voluntarily tone it down before the admins have to deal? Maybe limit your posts to when you have an interesting thought on TSLA market action?

I never knew the ignore button could cut down as many posts as it did.

Just throwing out examples:

Can you find out more about Li, Co, Ni supplies? Who will be our suppliers? Which ones are established? Which ones are new? Are they in the US, Canada, or elsewhere? How are their ramps going? Can you talk to the management of these mining companies?

Can you get any more information about the 2170 batteries? Can they accept faster charge rates as has been alluded to? Are the superchargers capable of providing higher charge rates up to 350KW? When will the 2170s go into the S and X? How much will that improve margins?

Can you get a grip on what Model S order rates are right now?

When will we find out about the TE bid for Australia? What if any is our cost advantage over Samsung and LG.

When does the Buffalo plant look like right now? How much machinery have they installed?

This is the type of information I would subscribe for.
Ditto. These are just examples, though...

most retail stockbrokers sell your order flow and that of other customers to market makers that actively work against you. if you bid for stock they will bid in front of you, making it harder to get filled, as one example. imagine what the short term dynamics would look like to a retail customer when all her orders go to someone who is front running her, and that will provide some part of the explanation.

I wish I understood why invariably whenever I make a buy or sell action, the market immediately moves in the opposite direction to what would be beneficial to me.

I mean, I'm usually right in the longer haul, but the first hour or two after I make a buy or sell is always painful.

So thats it? Sohn conference was just the one day? Looks like Einhorn didn't talk about Tesla during his spot.
CoreLabs?? lol

Seems so :
"David Einhorn, known for shorting Lehman Brothers before the 2008 financial crisis and the Wall Street firm's bankruptcy, announced a short position in oil and gas services company Core Laboratories NV <CLB.N>, a company which he said was far more cyclical than the market realizes. Shares in the company ended down 2.4 percent."
Read more: Property, merger bets dominate bullish Sohn conference

He presented a short position in an oil & gas fund. Maybe time to go long TSLA? :rolleyes:

P.S. his presentation is not up for download (yet ?)

The one from Mr. Palihapitiya is, but no mention of Tesla in it.
http://www.sohnconference.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/palihapitiya_sohn.pdf

There was mixed day yesterday as far as borrowing at Fidelity was concerned. Comparing trading screen snap shot data against the chart it is likely that there was robust shorting activity, and some covering as well. It looked like overall net shorting day, with 350k shares borrowed (insert your favorite small print/disclaimer here).

It seems like today will be take #2 on gap up, let's see if it can take hold this time.

snap1.png

most retail stockbrokers sell your order flow and that of other customers to market makers that actively work against you. if you bid for stock they will bid in front of you, making it harder to get filled, as one example. imagine what the short term dynamics would look like to a retail customer when all her orders go to someone who is front running her, and that will provide some part of the explanation.
I mean sure, there's an element of that. But most retail investors are small enough fish that I can't believe this would account for much of the effect I'm seeing. That type of action is all about shaving pennies at the fringes - its a problem, but in a volatile stock like TSLA the net effect of it gets lost in the noise.

I'm talking about things like yesterday I made a buy around 10am. That turned out to be among the worst points in the day I could have made a buy.

The other poster that suggested negativity bias? Yeah, probably. There've been a few instances where I made a buy seconds before things went vertical. Sure feels like I lose more often than I win in the first hour after changing my position, though.

Reactions: neroden
Some dudes just ain't good enough to make it in the stock market but pretend as if they know it all...
Note to moderator: please consider a block function like Twitter since I really don't like these dudes seeing my posts and deriving free benefits
The only other alternative is for me to post sparingly from now on, more reactively than proactively to avoid giving out valuable market insights that could benefit these characters. I like posting for the benefit of majority of investors on this thread who are super nice but some of them don't deserve free market insights

Status
Not open for further replies.