Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If those two timelines slipped, it would affect Elon's credibility,

Really, what credibility. Some will complain to no end that Elon over promises then get into their Model S and drive on AP and forget how that was an over promise at some point. I think everyone understands the warp fields around Elon's timelines by a few months. Does it really matter if its a month or two late when in the end, you have world changing product, solution or progression. Its just amazing to me that there was no way ever that they could move GF1 forward 2 years and maybe they cant, but they will move it forward by 1 year or 15 months which should be considered equally impossible.

At this point I do have some concerns, but they boil down to the next 12-18 months. Model 3 in good volumes and good margins (greater then 15% with potential for greater then 25%.) I do not yet believe that is a forgone conclusion but as we get closer to Jan 1, 2018 and the potential of 5k a week, I think we are getting very close to a tipping point where there wont be many things that can stop Tesla, aside from a natural disaster. Even, god forbid, health problems with Elon.

Really, what credibility. Some will complain to no end that Elon over promises then get into their Model S and drive on AP and forget how that was an over promise at some point. I think everyone understands the warp fields around Elon's timelines by a few months. Does it really matter if its a month or two late when in the end, you have world changing product, solution or progression. Its just amazing to me that there was no way ever that they could move GF1 forward 2 years and maybe they cant, but they will move it forward by 1 year or 15 months which should be considered equally impossible.

At this point I do have some concerns, but they boil down to the next 12-18 months. Model 3 in good volumes and good margins (greater then 15% with potential for greater then 25%.) I do not yet believe that is a forgone conclusion but as we get closer to Jan 1, 2018 and the potential of 5k a week, I think we are getting very close to a tipping point where there wont be many things that can stop Tesla, aside from a natural disaster. Even, god forbid, health problems with Elon.
Thing is the folks who manipulate the sp don't care the goals will be reached. They pump whatever varience they can see or invent. And regular people have no idea what changes in their lives are coming in short order thanks to EM. It reminds me of an episode of Bewitched when Ben Franklin is twitched into the 1960s and is amazed at things like TV and cars. How do you price in things which most people just have no ability to comprehend?

[First, note that the sentence you quoted wasn't supposed to be there. It's how I started my reply, but meant to edit it with the bottom portion. So ignore that sentence, and look at the bottom portion of my response to MitchJi.]

I completely agree with you, which is why I'm very long the stock. I would be completely okay with a "few month" delay.

Just pointing out what the market is pricing at $300/share: 500,000 cars in 2020 with minimal value for Tesla Energy. This is more than a few month delay... and Tesla hitting Elon's Model 3 ramp-up projections can alter market's heavy discounting of future revenue/profit streams.

Last edited:
Note that the sentence you quoted wasn't supposed to be there. It's how I started my reply, but meant to edit it with the bottom portion. So ignore that sentence, and look at the bottom portion.

I completely agree with you, which is why I'm very long the stock. I would be completely okay with a "few month" delay.

Just pointing out what the market is pricing at $300/share: 500,000 cars in 2020 with minimal value for Tesla Energy. This is more than a few month delay...

"Just pointing out what the market is pricing at $300/share: 500,000 cars in 2020 with minimal value for Tesla Energy. This is more than a few month delay"

this is wrong... and quite frankly silly.

500k/year is the equivalent of 1/4th BMW... or TSLA @ $140.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 8.11.15 AM.png

on a 1 minute chart... haha!... a 20+ day trend and hundreds of millions of shares traded... and it literally bounces off the same line from 20 days ago on the minute chart.

this is your "company"... everything about Tesla is backed up by it's ridiculously priced stock... and it's all because a constant tick up... you think they're buying?.. for 20 days?... this is the same crap from Dec 5... this stock is being moved up... there's no buyers...

this is a non-accumulating bot.

View attachment 226631
this is your "company"... everything about Tesla is backed up by it's ridiculously priced stock... and it's all because a constant tick up... you think they're buying?.. for 20 days?... this is the same crap from Dec 5... this stock is being moved up... there's no buyers...

this is a non-accumulating bot.
You mean, the bot called Tencent is playing again ?
From Dec.5 to March it was revealed to be Tencent accumulating, so let's not rewrite history, please !

You mean, the bot called Tencent is playing again ?
From Dec.5 to March it was revealed to be Tencent accumulating, so let's not rewrite history, please !
would you mind posting some evidence of this?... I've not seen that date in reference to them... and where in the 13F data do they show up?

please back up what you're stating. we should have seen Q4 13F data in the millions of shares if this were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.