Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudis shorting any stock, let alone Tesla, is an extremely unlikely scenario. Shorting is an extremely rare strategy in the whole asset management industry. I've never heard of any sovereign fund shorting a specific company. I understand the stakes are very very high, but that alone doesn't mean shorting TSLA is the way to go for the special interests feeling the heat.

I can see FUD being spread by special interests though. I'm not disputing that.
@VA,
nice seeing you on SA 10 minutes ago. Am i risking getting shot for my comments there?
Tesla aims to expand store base in New York - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

That's why I see the institutions acting each in their own interest and their own investment method as the share rises. Some of them may have restrictions on the % of their portfolio can be in a single company, and find themselves divesting as the price goes up to avoid violating those restrictions (thus, shares available for purchase).

Others, just as among the individuals here in the crowd that own shares, will decide the top has been reached at different points. Or achieve personal objectives and cash out to lock in those gains. ...
In the end, it's the core difference between a single actor with a clear and unambiguous (at least to them) intent and objective, and a bunch of actors with similar but different motivations.

There are $2.3 billion in 2019 and 2021 convertible notes with a conversion price of $359.87 which sets up as an arbitrage play for share prices above that level.

• Informative
Reactions: TMSE
Haha nice running into you as well! What are the chances... :rolleyes:

Have you also noticed the insane surge in bear FUD on SA in the last couple of weeks?

The negative comments and the "cross-liking" of each other's comments have reached Alien Dreadnought levels.
they do a ROFWSIG and curse me, a lot, when all i do is post $11 billion owed and cover the shorts and say another ATH, and delete my comments

I strongly sense this is going to be one of thise days I can't keep up with all the comments. $360 anyone?

I don't see it likely, least not today. Super high GEX, lots of profit taking, bid support has been dropping all morning. I've converted most of my calls to spreads as of $354. (as I type, I see we just crossed back over $354... [edit- aaand new ATH. never gets old!])

I wonder if this is being over hyped by surprises people are expecting out of the shareholders meeting, and if there are no surprises, people will start selling..
For me, surprises at the shareholder meeting would be Model 3 delay, while no surprises means things are still on track. You would expect that one of the questions is going to be, "Is Model 3 still on track for a July production release?" I suspect that even if things are going swimmingly, the response will be a simple "Yes" versus anything optimistic, however anything less firm may produce some selling. I suspect that Tesla will be keeping their cards close all the way up until the final reveal/delivery event.

I wonder if this is being over hyped by surprises people are expecting out of the shareholders meeting, and if there are no surprises, people will start selling..

This a A LOT of volume being sustained through a steady grind higher. More the sign of big hands accumulating (or covering for that matter) than speculation. Barely 2 hours into the day and we've already surpassed the average "low water mark" of daily volume. I see 4.8m volume for today so far.

I'm finishing up my master thesis these days. Just went to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. When I came back to the computer, my Tesla portfolio had increased more than my monthly scholarship...

I hope everybody is enjoying these days as much as I am!

I too am enjoying today's rise in TSLA, I'm averaging up, which is a good thing, and another stock I'm in (AMD). Happy happy happy. :)

Reactions: erha
Status
Not open for further replies.