Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a short, this Tesla AGM would just kill my motivation. Elon confirming the Semi reveal in Sept. and that customers are already engaged in the design process, there is definitely turbulent weather in ShortVille! Combine that with good delivery numbers for Q2 and M3 launch next month, I see a snowball's chance in hell of SP coming down materially.

Now will this be the trigger for squeeze 2.0?

IMO - unbelievably lame Q&A during the shareholder meeting. He basically took up time answering questions that we already know the answer to - or - answered the same sort of questions that humans used to ask in previous years, e.g. what do you do in your spare time.

Still delighted about the ATH :)

you did catch that Elon seems to have implied something like a goal of 10 million to 15 million vehicles per year, and conceivably double that among other things we did not know (inferring from his tweet yesterday about 4 to 5 plants to equal Fords production of about 6 million per year, and today's description of 10 plants as the ultimate goal, possibly 20. now, this is not 100% clear, of course, he does not necessarily mean each of those plants will be producing autos, or all auto plants would be in the 1.25-1.5 million unit production range he implied yesterday)?

other things new to me... he said there will be a 2 to 3 fold reduction in capex spending for Model Y compared to Model 3. Not clearly precisely what he means with that particular phrasing, but clearly far lower costs. hard to see how this lower capex wont apply to other future plants. substantially lower capex probably means substantially faster rampt.

finally, heavy, heavy hinting that there is something significant to be unveiled at the Semi event in addition to the truck itself. of course, results vary with these kinds of surprises as far as being over hyped or not.

Last edited:
I asked the question, what's the plan for improving communication to costumers? That area still has room for improvement. Disappointed it didn't get chosen, but who knows how many questions they had to sift through.

Well, to my knowledge, Amber and Elon are not into "Cos play." I could be wrong. ;-)

you did catch that Elon seems to have implied something like a goal of 10 million to 15 million vehicles per year, and conceivably double that among other things we did not know (inferring from his tweet yesterday about 4 to 5 plants to equal Fords production of about 6 million per year, and today's description of 10 plants as the ultimate goal, possibly 20. now, this is not 100% clear, of course, he does not necessarily mean each of those plants will be producing autos, or all auto plants would be in the 1.25-1.5 million unit production range he implied yesterday)?

other things new to me... he said there will be a 2 to 3 fold reduction in capex spending for Model Y compared to Model 3. Not clearly precisely what he means with that particular phrasing, but clearly far lower costs. hard to see how this lower capex wont apply to other future plants. substantially lower capex probably means substantially faster rampt.

finally, heavy, heavy hinting that there is something significant to be unveiled at the Semi event in addition to the truck itself. of course, results vary with these kinds of surprises as far as being over hyped or not.

I highly doubt Elon will stop at 20 Gigafactories.

I highly doubt Elon will stop at 20 Gigafactories.

lols,

I do think one of the qualities that Elon has that is hardly appreciated (though, you surely appreciate it), is that for Elon, whether you call it, "flat out sprint mode", or "startup insane growth mode", these things are not a stage, they are his default way of going about things. I.e., he's not racing to get some breathing room for Tesla's viability or strategic positioning, he's racing and continually raising the bar, because that is how he does things. If Tesla is the number one producer of vehicles, I still see him going about things this way. This is a guy who had a net worth of something like $130 million at about 31, and, as he says, could have spent his life sipping drinks on his island instead of 100 hour work weeks. I must admit, sometimes I have concerns that this is all happening at a cost to him, though he does seem in good spirits.

lols,

I do think one of the qualities that Elon has that is hardly appreciated (though, you surely appreciate it), is that for Elon, whether you call it, "flat out sprint mode", or "startup insane growth mode", these things are not a stage, they are his default way of going about things. I.e., he's not racing to get some breathing room for Tesla's viability or strategic positioning, he's racing and continually raising the bar, because that is how he does things. If Tesla is the number one producer of vehicles, I still see him going about things this way. This is a guy who had a net worth of something like $130 million at about 31, and, as he says, could have spent his life sipping drinks on his island instead of 100 hour work weeks. I must admit, sometimes I have concerns that this is all happening at a cost to him, though he does seem in good spirits.
Remember, vacations kill.

Since the tears are already flowing take a look at the new CPO prices.
Pre-Owned Model S | Tesla
that may kick me over the top. free supercharging, a wait for another year for a base model 3, hoky smokes batman. lawzy mercy.
an S85 for ~40-45K. i coulda got me an S40 for that few years back, now double the battery.....
the wife is OK with a model 3, so IF i go model S, used free supercharging, 85 battery equivalent to a model 3 with a 75, but 2 years sooner......., and we hate flying and TSA and etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.