Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And with all the inside info he was exposed to at Tesla....
And a la
This, is absolutely not possible the minute they open operations in China. Anyone thinks you can still keep your business secrets within your operations simply don't know about China.

In the past i have read, that all designs, blueprints etc need to be submitted to the Chinese Govt agencies for review.

• Funny
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
This is such a juicy setup.

Cons:
  • Just a rumor really.
  • We may be right but the reaction isn't right. No one sees it or cares until next week.

Pros:
  • We already know that they are supposed to announce some locations this year.
  • China is an obvious first choice, and best choice
  • We already know that the market loves this rumor. We were at 383 on the rumor. they should love the fact.
  • China is pushing heavily for BEV's and relaxing the rules in some cases, lending credibility to the rumor
  • We have established a base from 370-375. Upper daily BB is at 394...

Is my decryption correct: are you suggesting that tomorrow we close around 394, once the market has digested the news ?

Curious when you guys buy these sort of party tickets, how much do you put in it? Just looking for a rough percentage against your core TSLA holdings.

Adding to others: About 1% of my TSLA holdings. These are close to 'lotto' tickets. I never invest much because one needs a '10 bagger' for every 9+ that go to '0' to make any $.

I aslo want to thank @vgrinshpun. The reason to come here beyond the 'chit chat' and camaraderie is to use our collective information to have a chance against WS/'the bots'.

I'm curious if you would expect 383 again or +$10 from a Chinese factory announcement

*It depends*. Best scenario: (won't happen, but one can hope): EM/Darmuid have worked out a deal: No partner and some enticement from the government; next best: Tencent is the partner and no money worries.

Either of these cause 3-5% spike tomorrow.

*It depends*. Best scenario: (won't happen, but one can hope): EM/Darmuid have worked out a deal: No partner and some enticement from the government; next best: Tencent is the partner and no money worries.

I guess this is what Elon meant by keeping his powder dry. Its clear that he wanted to keep this under wraps and let it out of the cage in a more tactical way. Its almost like he is timing a tic, toc of info to juice the stock. Semi, Release candidates hitting the roads, China, Model 3 final reveal/first deliveries, Semi Reveal and some mystery product (my bet: 700kWh+ Supercharger v3), 1 full quarter of Model 3 deliveries and so on... for the next 20 years, then maybe a phat dividend to live off of in retirement?

Today: 376.40
3%: 387.69
5%: 394.80

I like the cut of your jib.

Thank you for this post. It'll be interesting to see how Model X does in 2Q17 and 2H17. It seems to me that the initial bad rep has hindered its growth rate somewhat. I'd welcome any other opinion/explanation on this.
I can't read the original troll, but one problem that the MX is having is that I don't believe that they have ever completely sorted the production. Still can't produce as many as they can produce of the MS.
Wonder what we will see next, $355 or $385.

Could be 125K MS/MX and no M3, that would not be very happy. I'm hoping for 110-120K MS/MX and 70-100K M3 for 180-220K total.
If we get that in my opinion the SP hits at least $425. Not an advice.

One more estimate that is more optimistic than mine! :(:D:eek:

Tesla would need to refresh Model S/X in July to hit 120k in 2017.
Remember that they're targeting 30% gross margin (i.e. no price drop soon).
Remember the third shift.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: neroden and EinSV
I guess this is what Elon meant by keeping his powder dry. Its clear that he wanted to keep this under wraps and let it out of the cage in a more tactical way. Its almost like he is timing a tic, toc of info to juice the stock. Semi, Release candidates hitting the roads, China, Model 3 final reveal/first deliveries, Semi Reveal and some mystery product (my bet: 700kWh+ Supercharger v3), 1 full quarter of Model 3 deliveries and so on... for the next 20 years, then maybe a phat dividend to live off of in retirement?

While there have been times that EM did not seem to care about the SP or TSLA, IMO, he clearly cares at this moment. Most recent: TRowe pulls out, a 'China rumor' surfaces. Before that he had announced a string of positive catalysts for 2017. Clearly, Tesla will need more $ to push the multiple GFs forward.

It may not be dilutive and the $ will be well spent, but I doubt organic growth can supply the $ needed for the aggressive growth that EM would like.

This is such a juicy setup.

Cons:
  • Just a rumor really.
  • We may be right but the reaction isn't right. No one sees it or cares until next week.

Pros:
  • We already know that they are supposed to announce some locations this year.
  • China is an obvious first choice, and best choice
  • We already know that the market loves this rumor. We were at 383 on the rumor. they should love the fact.
  • China is pushing heavily for BEV's and relaxing the rules in some cases, lending credibility to the rumor
  • We have established a base from 370-375. Upper daily BB is at 394...

I would guess that the market is already expecting a China GGF being announced in Sep, leading to Tesla saving 25% tariff. If the China GGF is announced 1 quarter ahead of time, and that translates to the factory breaking ground 1 quarter ahead, and the 25% tariff relief kicks in a quarter earlier, estimating China MS/MX sales to be 8K/quarter * $120K * 25%, that's an extra $240M for Tesla, or $1.50/share. I don't see why it would wag the PPS by $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.