Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTAT was my first ever trade in the stock market. This was after it crashed and was bouncing up and down for a few days. I bought 100 @ $2 and sold them a few hours later for 50% profit. Only day-trade I've ever done too...

Horrible story all-in-all, but didn't take a lot of Google time to dig-up a load of mess on the company's management. A little due-diligence would have saved a few people a lot of money.

From my straw polling over 90 percent of TSLA bulls and shorts have not driven a Tesla.

Probably 95 percent of general populace have not driven a Tesla.

This is frightening to me.

More so for shorts. :D
A mere 5 figures in TSLA compared to some of you high-rollers, but I've never even rode in a Tesla. Sat in one in a gallery, but that's it. I own a 2012 Nissan Leaf SL, which is the "nicest" car I've owned. I've read numerous accounts of other Nissan Leaf owners who have bought a Tesla Model S, and love it so very much. Now admittedly, people tend to defend their acquisitions out of pride in some cases as they don't want to admit making a wrong purchasing decision. I can't imagine that all of them are like that, however. (I'm not. in 2014 I made a lot less money, bought a Nissan Versa, it was the worst purchase I've ever made. It's like I took $15,000 and flushed it down the toilet, and out came a crap-covered $6,000 car.)

That experience has forever tainted my opinion of Nissan, despite my loving my Leaf. Cautionary tale for Tesla on the reliability side of things...

On this thought I also remember learning of the date which they contacted the bankruptcy lawyers and noting a large selloff on the same day even though it wasn't public information. It was that selloff that got me into the stock as I was thinking it was a buying opportunity. At this point I assume everyone else in the market has better short term Information than I do.
Years ago, I lost a few grand in Evergreen Solar. My learning experience was to just set a limit order that existed to preserve me from losing everything. Instead, I kept thinking "surely they'll recover" but they never did. I also have Evergreen Solar panels that now have worthless warranties. lol

Investors have just taken note that durable goods order came under expectations. The Fed's national activity index Chicago and the manufacturing index of the Dallas Fed are disappointing ... On the oil side, the barrel WTI slips again under $ 43. Orders for durable goods in the month of May 2017 in the United States decreased by -1.1% compared to the previous month, against a consensus of -0.4% and a decrease of -0.9% for the month of April (against -0.7%). Excluding transport, orders were established in + 0.1% compared to the previous month, compared with + 0.5% consensus and -0.5% a month earlier (against -0.4%). The US Fed's US National Activity Index for the month of May 2017 came out at -0.26, against +0.32 consensus and 0.57 one month more (Compared with 0.49 in first reading). The Dallas Fed Regional Manufacturing Index for the month of June 2017 came out at 15, against a consensus of 18 and a level of general activity of 17.2 a month earlier.

Investors have just taken note that durable goods order came under expectations. The Fed's national activity index Chicago and the manufacturing index of the Dallas Fed are disappointing ... On the oil side, the barrel WTI slips again under $ 43. Orders for durable goods in the month of May 2017 in the United States decreased by -1.1% compared to the previous month, against a consensus of -0.4% and a decrease of -0.9% for the month of April (against -0.7%). Excluding transport, orders were established in + 0.1% compared to the previous month, compared with + 0.5% consensus and -0.5% a month earlier (against -0.4%). The US Fed's US National Activity Index for the month of May 2017 came out at -0.26, against +0.32 consensus and 0.57 one month more (Compared with 0.49 in first reading). The Dallas Fed Regional Manufacturing Index for the month of June 2017 came out at 15, against a consensus of 18 and a level of general activity of 17.2 a month earlier.
Good thing Tesla is not an automaker. It was technology just last week when tech was taking a drubbing. It was in the energy sector last year when oil was taking a beating. So is now supposed to take its medicine with durable goods manufactures too?

Status
Not open for further replies.