Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Final assembly is now operational we can surmise from 9-26 photo.
That's the subliminal message.
Although initially at a very slow pace.
Now the iterative debugging phase starts.
THis I regard to be a positive,
It's the end of the beginning, moving to the
Beginning of the end. Production rates should accelerate
From here onwards.
Regarding 9-26 pic.
The car seems to be fully assembled and painted. Doesn't paint happen after main assembly?

Final assembly is now operational we can surmise from 9-26 photo.
That's the subliminal message.
Although initially at a very slow pace.
Now the iterative debugging phase starts.
THis I regard to be a positive,
It's the end of the beginning, moving to the
Beginning of the end. Production rates should accelerate
From here onwards.
They are in the process of reducing planetary travel time by a factor of 10x with huge rockets. I think they can handle a small car designed to be put together, and if it takes a little longer to get everything right its fine in my book. Meanwhile anyone doubting the team at tesla/spacex should continue rearranging their deck chairs....

Around the 3:15 mark, hard to make you, but I believe Elon states the project is around the 50MW level 2 months in. I think he's saying 50MW and not MWh but maybe some native speaker can chime in here. Around the 4:10 mark he says it's going to be done in some 2 more months.
Power supply people talk about the power that can be delivered, not about how much energy is stored. So he probably is saying MW. Roughly double that for the storage, since they don't like to deliver over 0.5C.

• Helpful
Reactions: KLC13 and Lessmog
They are in the process of reducing planetary travel time by a factor of 10x with huge rockets. I think they can handle a small car designed to be put together, and if it takes a little longer to get everything right its fine in my book. Meanwhile anyone doubting the team at tesla/spacex should continue rearranging their deck chairs....
Keep your feet on the ground

Reactions: Alketi
I will be very surprised if there will be more than 300-400 M3s delivered. I will be happy to be wrong, but if the final assembly line started to operate on 9/26, we really should not expect more.
and here we are. we'll find out over the weekend or whatever, but what happened to 200k in 2017?... then 100k in 2017?... then no less than 50k in 2017?... then i'll be totally happy if we hit 35k in 2017 and that's pretty much certain... then 20k in 2017... now 300 to 400 by sept.

so now all they have to do is spin up the line and do 5k this month, 10k next month and 20k the next month... right?

you guys are nuts. do you even remember how much *sugar* you gave me for being "so negative" about M3 ramp?... Tesla Energy?... etc... and now you'll start talking about mars and *sugar*.

now everyone join in... "FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND IN 2018"... just repeat it... and keep repeating it... ready... "TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND IN 2018"... again... ready "ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND IN 2018".

now remember. when you say 150,000... that's what it was all along... everyone that disagrees with you is a paid short by the oil companies and hates the planet.

and here we are. we'll find out over the weekend or whatever, but what happened to 200k in 2017?... then 100k in 2017?... then no less than 50k in 2017?... then i'll be totally happy if we hit 35k in 2017 and that's pretty much certain... then 20k in 2017... now 300 to 400 by sept.

so now all they have to do is spin up the line and do 5k this month, 10k next month and 20k the next month... right?

you guys are nuts. do you even remember how much *sugar* you gave me for being "so negative" about M3 ramp?... Tesla Energy?... etc... and now you'll start talking about mars and *sugar*.

now everyone join in... "FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND IN 2018"... just repeat it... and keep repeating it... ready... "TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND IN 2018"... again... ready "ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND IN 2018".

now remember. when you say 150,000... that's what it was all along... everyone that disagrees with you is a paid short by the oil companies and hates the planet.
Are you sensing a break out ?

openinterest

I'm thinking 347.50-350. R1 is 343.74, R2 is 346.97. Currently trying to break through R1, and if that happens, reaching R2 is not unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.