Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Via Motors is not an automaker.

They are attempting to modify GM trucks with an extended range powertrain. Keeping the original V6 as generator.

And Lutz is a figurehead. I saw an interview in Jay Leno's garage where he did not know the kWh of the battery pack in the pickup truck.

He does some spokesperson work for Via. That is it.
Actually they maybe dead. Last tweet from them was a year ago. Promised van and truck never appeared. If you put your name as chairman of board, their failure is yours.

Reactions: EinSV
The other way of looking at it is that SCTY did not have a sound, sustainable business model. The shorts may have hastened its demise, but the end result was going to be the same regardless. I believe TSLA is far more dangerous for Chanos at this point than vice versa. A few years ago, the power was possibly more in his hands. He has a very large live grenade in his hand, pin pulled. For whatever reason, he is not willing to throw it. He just keeps holding it, pretending it's just a fake. Tick, tick, tick.
then why did Tesla buy them?

• Disagree
Reactions: dm28997
Seriously doubt that he has made money on his most public announcements (which have gone the wrong way) while the find is down overall. If that is true then his other calls are absolute horseshit.

His funds are down overall short in a huge bull market. The numbers EinSv quotes are at around 10% for the year. This is obviously a great result as a short seller. If he was bad at what he is doing he would have been wiped out this year.

Look, I don't agree with him. In fact, I have a visceral dislike for him because I am a Tesla Fanboy. But if he is on the other side of your trade, you should be concerned. Not many people get to hang around as long as he has shorting stocks in these bull markets.

then why did Tesla buy them?

My cousins had an agriculture supply business, but they didn't sell food direct, they made people join a 20 year co-op where people would get a certain amount of seeds each month and pay my cousins monthy. Problem was, my cousins bought all 20 years worth of seeds up front. So they were falling behind on their bills.

Their uncle bought the farm (no not that way) and said "we'll sell all the seeds up front" and bam, he was profitable. Then he branched out into pretty decorative seeds that he could charge more for because some places don't like farms.

(No, not my cousins)

Max Pain | Maximum-Pain.com
now it shows $330
SP seems to be pushed hard towards it

Others can verify, but I expect the downward pressure to be short lived given the distance from the max pain point. Because this is a heavy volume expiration the downward pressure toward max pain should be greater than normal, however, because we have a situation where we are unbalanced in one direction, in this case with many more calls options in the money than put options, more and more call options will be exercised as we near expiration and market makers will be net purchasers of shares in order to maintain a delta neutral position, which should work to increase the stock price as we move through the day...and as I'm typing this it seems to be playing out.

(I know I probably don't have this exactly right, so please correct the errors, I'm basically remembering what others have written/explained before)

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
U.S. News spreading the fake news. No place to leave comments so I left out the link, just the clickbait headline.

Is Tesla On the Brink of Disaster?
The man who predicted Enron's fall sees a similar path for Tesla.

By Wayne Duggan, Contributor |Dec. 15, 2017, at 6:55 a.m.

Shorts about to get screwed
Stock about to take off big time

I agree that any day now. I believe the key catalyst is the news of suppliers restoring to the original obligations and even now have to do air shipments. This mean that getting on the 5K delivery per week is getting real.

Based on ATH in summer reached were only due to hype to first delivery, getting back to it ($380-$390) can be done in no time after more mainstream articles start to show up and re-iterate Electrek's.

All other news such as more semi orders may just cause temporary spikes seems like. So the only thing real is 1) Model 3 supply chain 'unclogged', 2) more and more invites go out, 3) non-employees start to flood YouTube with videos as proof and reviews are super positive, and 4) the Q4 delivery report exceeds analysts numbers in early January.

1 and 2 already happening and news will proliferate. 3 is almost sure thing given existing response, and 4 seems likely to happen.

In the meantime I saw several negative articles (lead by Chanos). But stock is holding up today. I hope SP doesn't 'rocket to space' until mid next week so give me time to load more money!

Tesla is about to break out to new highs, according to this chart. Here’s how to trade it Tesla is about to break out to new highs, according to this chart. Here’s how to trade it

What I find funny about his presentation is that he attributes the rise to the 100 Semi order.
Let me remind everyone that 100 Semi will bring about as much revenue and profit as 300 Model 3.
With over 450k M3 reservations, the Semi is at the level of noise, a rounding error.
Semi reservations will become material when they reach the same order of magnitude in effect, ie around 150 thousand, so 100 Semi order should have the power of moving the stock by ~$0.03 and not by $30.

Reactions: elasalle
U.S. News spreading the fake news. No place to leave comments so I left out the link, just the clickbait headline.

Is Tesla On the Brink of Disaster?
The man who predicted Enron's fall sees a similar path for Tesla.

By Wayne Duggan, Contributor |Dec. 15, 2017, at 6:55 a.m.
I guess that sounds a lot more serious than: The man who predicted the downfall of Caterpillar, Alibaba, and the Chinese economy sees a similar path for Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.