Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two hours ago Yahoo ran another story on Jim Chanos thinking tsla is worthless. Nothing about them having the highest customer satisfaction rating. I guess customer satisfaction isn't that important at Yahoo.

Maybe this will give us a boost though:
2018 Predictions: Apple Buys Tesla -- Cook Retires -- Musk Takes The Reins

The Chanos interview was published couple of days ago so this got recycled? I see couple of negative news/analysis that got recycled from couple of days ago. Is Wall Street trying to hold down the price..for X number of days to allow reload/rotating money in?

Two hours ago Yahoo ran another story on Jim Chanos thinking tsla is worthless. Nothing about them having the highest customer satisfaction rating. I guess customer satisfaction isn't that important at Yahoo.

Maybe this will give us a boost though:
2018 Predictions: Apple Buys Tesla -- Cook Retires -- Musk Takes The Reins
Funny, I was just looking at a list of the 10 companies that will get the biggest tax cuts and wondering what AAPL would do with yet another $48 billion. I think it would only happen if Musk got to be CEO of Apple as proposed, but even then I doubt Elon would ever agree to this. Apple doesn't make its own products. I doubt Foxconn would allow Elon to camp out on the iPhone assembly line and tell their employees what to do. But what do I know? My luck TSLA will convert to AAPL and I'll have even more of too much AAPL and my broker will continue to annoy me about diversifying.

The Chanos interview was published couple of days ago so this got recycled? I see couple of negative news/analysis that got recycled from couple of days ago. Is Wall Street trying to hold down the price..for X number of days to allow reload/rotating money in?

This recycling of FUD pieces has been going on for a very long time at Yahoo. It's far far more rare to see a positive piece recycled.

One of the many pleasures of Tesla ownership is updates, even after 4 years, you never tire of it and sometimes they're totally awesome...

Tesla is planning a major navigation update ‘light-years ahead’ of current system, says Elon Musk

For months now, we have been reporting on Tesla’s new map and navigation modules that they are testing for an upcoming overhaul of their system.

Today, CEO Elon Musk acknowledged the update, which he hyped as “light-years ahead of the current system.”

Maybe someone will tweet it to Elon. Not sure the press cares about positive Tesla stories ....
He did about the satisfaction survey and coming software updates. Apparently he reads the TMC Twitter feed. Elon Musk on Twitter
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 12.51.47 PM.png

He did about the satisfaction survey and coming software updates. Apparently he reads the TMC Twitter feed. Elon Musk on TwitterView attachment 267959

Yes, but everyone is used to Tesla winning for top brand.

Having both the top rated car and top rated SUV for consumer satisfaction should be news -- especially given how much FUD has been flung about on the Model X.

We now take you to the trading floor of the NASDAQ, TSLA short-seller section:
"What the @^&%$ are you guys doing? You're supposed to drive TSLA below the 200 dma today and the stock is up 1.8!
"Sir, the longs keep buying!"
"We're not getting our Christmas bonuses from Jim and Mark if we fail today. Sell, sell!

Mid size cities will have enough Teslas to support at least a small service center. In the Boonies there will be Ranger Service. If that is not good enough for you then you can buy a Nissan,GM, or Chinese BEV/PHEV.

No service center will service M3 exclusively but all retail Teslas. Commercial Teslas will have their own. I figure 4k Teslas in an area can support a Service Center. S3XY + Pickup + Roadster. Currently CA has one service center per ~3500 Teslas. That is Tesla expanding expecting Model 3 in CA first.

A car is more than powertrain. Stuff breaks down. Handles, 12v battery, sunroof mechanism. At some point refurbished or new replacement packs can be offered. Tesla can expand or shrink the Service Center as demand warrants. You can have 1 tech during business hours or 20.

Tesla doesn't need a 20 Bay Service Center supporting a Dealership Palace in every City/County in America plus all foreign markets.

Rob -- enjoy your posts, thanks for your efforts. When do you suppose Tesla will offer replacement pack batteries for cars such as mine. Prior to 4Q15 purchase, I assumed eventual availability before range loss starts to become an issue and/or as an opportunity to lengthen my 240 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.