Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 100D, 17,500 miles, FSD, Blue, White Interior (Atlanta)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a friend's car, so if you have questions, send them and I'll get them answered to the best of my ability. He is taking delivery of a new Plaid model in the next week. He likes Tesla vehicles, but doesn't hang out on forums or read articles about them in his spare time. This is to say, I'm not sure he would know the answers to some of the questions that may come up here, where the buyers are more informed than those who are buying their first Tesla from Carvana or Carmax, but I will do my best to relate your questions and his responses. I've listed what I know of the vehicle below:

- Full Self Driving (computer has been upgraded)
- 17,500 miles
- Blue paint on white interior
- 100D
- Always garaged and extremely clean
- VIN ends in 87676 if that helps with anything
- Located in Metro Atlanta

He has no idea what the market is for vehicles like his, as there aren't many that are comparable in features and mileage, but he's asking $78,000. He's had offers for less that he has so far not taken, but is open to offers and understands that the market will determine the ultimate sales price. He will likely trade it in to Tesla in the next few days if there is no interest here.

I'll try to get more/better photos from him soon. Thanks!

IMG_9633.jpg

IMG_9634.jpg

Suggest that he NOT trade to Tesla. He wont get anything CLOSE to $78k from them, but he will most likely get a very good price if he posted on cars and bids.com or bring a trailer. Just a suggestion.

I actually had amazing results posting my used S on Ebay last year. Not as an auction, but as a buy it now. Ebay gets you a large audience.

This car should have been able to go nearly 400 miles on a charge when new. The battery will have degraded about 5% by now, or a little more, so the mileage per charge could be closer to 360 miles. OR SO. The "warranty" on the battery is eight years of course, which I believe is transferrable. This car looks very similar to mine, though mine is a Long Range, and I love my car. My daughter has the white interior, in which she hauls around her four boys aged 6 to 13, and nothing seems to faze it. There are no marks that don't just wipe off with a little soap and water. I don't know anything about premium connectivity transfers.

Hi,

What is the warranty? Does it have premium connectivity and what is the range with full battery?

Thank you
Battery and drive unit warranty through March 30, 2025. Bumper to bumper warranty expired March 31, 2021. I believe it has premium connectivity (I know it has it, just unsure if it transfers). Same for supercharging: it has unlimited supercharging, but I don't know that it transfers. From most of what I've read on TMC, Tesla stopped doing transferable supercharging around 2017. I'm trying to verify with him....

This car should have been able to go nearly 400 miles on a charge when new. The battery will have degraded about 5% by now, or a little more, so the mileage per charge could be closer to 360 miles. OR SO. The "warranty" on the battery is eight years of course, which I believe is transferrable. This car looks very similar to mine, though mine is a Long Range, and I love my car. My daughter has the white interior, in which she hauls around her four boys aged 6 to 13, and nothing seems to faze it. There are no marks that don't just wipe off with a little soap and water. I don't know anything about premium connectivity transfers.
They are amazing cars. I have my friend checking, but I believe the 2017 100D was rated for 335 miles. As to how much degradation there has been, I should know soon (I asked him to charge to 100%). Sounds like your family enjoys their Teslas like ours does!

Reactions: outdoors
They are amazing cars. I have my friend checking, but I believe the 2017 100D was rated for 335 miles. As to how much degradation there has been, I should know soon (I asked him to charge to 100%). Sounds like your family enjoys their Teslas like ours does!

Correct on original range 335. Nice car only a couple #'s between us and your friends car.

Battery and drive unit warranty through March 30, 2025. Bumper to bumper warranty expired March 31, 2021. I believe it has premium connectivity (I know it has it, just unsure if it transfers). Same for supercharging: it has unlimited supercharging, but I don't know that it transfers. From most of what I've read on TMC, Tesla stopped doing transferable supercharging around 2017. I'm trying to verify with him....
To have the original version of Free Supercharging that transfers the car would have to meet two criteria: 1) the car had to be ordered prior to 1/14/2017 and 2) delivery had to be taken before the last day of 4/15/2017. Since you said the battery/drive motor warranty expires on 3/30/2025, one can assume that the in-service date was 3/30/2025 which means it was delivered prior to the deadline. The only question is when the original ordered the car and if it's ever been traded back in to Tesla. I assume the latter didn't happen but the former is still an unknown based on the information above. If he also ordered it prior to 1/14/2017 and is the original owner it's safe to assume this car has SC01 (the code Tesla uses for the version that is transferrable) and would transfer for free to the next owner and so on.

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday
Hello Drewfaulk,

were you able to verify if the connectivity package and the supercharger will transfer to the new owner?
Is the price negotiable?

Than you
I apologize: I am still waiting on that answer. I sent him a YouTube video on how to tell if the car has the SC01 code on the supercharging and hope to hear something soon. I am unaware of any way to check to see if the connectivity transfers.... As to the price, he's open to offers. He struggled to find one similarly optioned with comparable mileage to gauge its value, so he figured the market will do a pretty good job of determining what it's worth.