Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 100D Trade or Sell?

joshuaboyd

Jun 16, 2021
Nashville, TN
Hello I have a 2017 Obsidian Black Tesla 100D with white interior, FSD/AP3, Carbon fiber, loaded up winter/performance package, upgraded wheels, you name it. It has 47K miles. Tesla offered me $49K (plus 7% sales tax credit - an extra 3K) for it on trade, but I'm seeing online prices from Edmunds as high as $60K. With Tesla raising the price of FSD to $10K, I figure it helps the resale value. Curious to get thoughts on it. Didn't know if anyone had luck fetching that high of value on private party market before I go through the trouble. I'm dreading listing on FB/Craigslist and weeding through the 25-year olds wanting to experience their first "test-drive" in a Tesla :)

axalam

Jul 6, 2020
NYC
Hello I have a 2017 Obsidian Black Tesla 100D with white interior, FSD/AP3, Carbon fiber, loaded up winter/performance package, upgraded wheels, you name it. It has 47K miles. Tesla offered me $49K (plus 7% sales tax credit - an extra 3K) for it on trade, but I'm seeing online prices from Edmunds as high as $60K. With Tesla raising the price of FSD to $10K, I figure it helps the resale value. Curious to get thoughts on it. Didn't know if anyone had luck fetching that high of value on private party market before I go through the trouble. I'm dreading listing on FB/Craigslist and weeding through the 25-year olds wanting to experience their first "test-drive" in a Tesla :)
Does this car have Fred unlimited supercharging? I have been looking for this car and would be happy making an offer. Looking to purchase immediately

Wendyraynor

May 11, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I would also like to talk about making an offer. For some reason, I can't PM you. Feel free to send an email to my username at aol.com

basilray

Aug 5, 2020
MN
If you're looking to sell, this is a reasonably good place to post. Get your details, asking price, and pics in order and toss them up! :)

McMoo

Nov 19, 2018
St. Louis
$60k should be easy. Here, onlyusedtesla.com and you could try current automotive in Chicago. They seem to be slightly higher than vroom/carvana.

shrini23

Feb 13, 2019
Houston
$60k should be easy. Here, onlyusedtesla.com and you could try current automotive in Chicago. They seem to be slightly higher than vroom/carvana.
current automotive gave me 49,500 for my trade in value on my Y whereas carmax/vroom/autonation gave me 52,500. I'm in Texas area

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC