Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 100D Trade or Sell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I have a 2017 Obsidian Black Tesla 100D with white interior, FSD/AP3, Carbon fiber, loaded up winter/performance package, upgraded wheels, you name it. It has 47K miles. Tesla offered me $49K (plus 7% sales tax credit - an extra 3K) for it on trade, but I'm seeing online prices from Edmunds as high as $60K. With Tesla raising the price of FSD to $10K, I figure it helps the resale value. Curious to get thoughts on it. Didn't know if anyone had luck fetching that high of value on private party market before I go through the trouble. I'm dreading listing on FB/Craigslist and weeding through the 25-year olds wanting to experience their first "test-drive" in a Tesla :)

Hello I have a 2017 Obsidian Black Tesla 100D with white interior, FSD/AP3, Carbon fiber, loaded up winter/performance package, upgraded wheels, you name it. It has 47K miles. Tesla offered me $49K (plus 7% sales tax credit - an extra 3K) for it on trade, but I'm seeing online prices from Edmunds as high as $60K. With Tesla raising the price of FSD to $10K, I figure it helps the resale value. Curious to get thoughts on it. Didn't know if anyone had luck fetching that high of value on private party market before I go through the trouble. I'm dreading listing on FB/Craigslist and weeding through the 25-year olds wanting to experience their first "test-drive" in a Tesla :)
Does this car have Fred unlimited supercharging? I have been looking for this car and would be happy making an offer. Looking to purchase immediately

I would also like to talk about making an offer. For some reason, I can't PM you. Feel free to send an email to my username at aol.com

$60k should be easy. Here, onlyusedtesla.com and you could try current automotive in Chicago. They seem to be slightly higher than vroom/carvana.

Actually it could transfer if the car was ordered in 2016 or really early 2017 and delivered fairly early in 2017. Maybe 15% likely.

@joshuaboyd when was your car ordered? Delivered? Sounds like a deal either way.
I don’t believe so. I had an s90d ordered. I changed it to an s100d the day it opened for ordering and I got one of the first delivered.

to place the order for the s100d I had to be ok with no free supercharging. Shortly after delivery they had a sale and included unlimited charging first owner only and retroactively applied it to the earlier purchases.

my screen showed my first $4.37 charge fee forever.

I’m not saying your car has transferable free unlimited supercharging. I don’t know enough about your car.

I’m just saying other 2017 cars did. All cars delivered in the first couple weeks of 2017 did. And cars ordered before a certain date and delivered before a later date in 2017 did. I’ll look up the dates.
I’m saying no S100D fall in that category. Only P100D or the smaller battery sized cars.