Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 100d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S 100D Metallic Blue (Black Interior)

Private Party no Tax
16K miles
AutoPilot w/ Summon
Sentry Mode
Premium Upgrades Package
Panoramic All Glass Roof
Manufacturers 4yr/50K + 8yr battery/drivetrain warranty

00R0R_5jotx2CP5vl_600x450.jpg

00y0y_gAEtsm8ZwjP_600x450.jpg

00W0W_f0IrqL64JxA_600x450.jpg

00H0H_kJw9LzkcYA0_600x450.jpg

00j0j_fFZws4wheMB_600x450.jpg

Unfortunately, that's not the case in Georgia, we pay it on all cars - used and new, private and dealership, in-state and out-of-state. It's ruined a lot of potentially good deals for me (having to add $5000 to $6000 to the purchase price).

Dealerships run this state.
GA is the most expensive state in the US to own an electric vehicle. Not only do they charge a VATV usage tax, but there are 0 tax credits on the purchase and they even added a $200 a year fee to all electric car owners since you are not buying gas.

Unfortunately, that's not the case in Georgia, we pay it on all cars - used and new, private and dealership, in-state and out-of-state. It's ruined a lot of potentially good deals for me (having to add $5000 to $6000 to the purchase price).

Dealerships run this state.

I would argue that the so called progressive state of Washington is even worse. 10% sales tax plus very high taxes on EVs because, why not. 0 incentives, too. Not even HOV access. I would have already bought a brand new Model S if not for all that.

Out of curiosity, how would WA or any state know what you paid for a car in a private sale?
They don’t. But if the price is too low, regardless whether it’s true or not, you risk paying tax on blue book value. Or prove that the car has deficiencies which warrant the lower price paid. The proof is shop estimate for damage repair, tire/wheel receipts, etc

Reactions: darxsys