Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S air suspension damaged after tire service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 Model S was damaged after Sam's Club replaced two tires. I have used this Sam's Club several times with no problems. They service Teslas and use a four point lift for Tesla service. However, on this visit the technician used a flat lift. When they lowered my car the air suspension was disabled and the rotors on the front two wheels were rubbing the inside of the rims. I called Tesla service and they recommended powering off and rebooting the MCU, but the suspension remained disabled. I had the car towed to my Tesla SC and they will transport it to a Tesla authorized body shop for an estimate.

Has anyone heard of similar problems after using a flat lift? I'm worried about battery damage.
Some Ford Lincoln have a switch in trunk that must be shut off before the vehicle is lifted I’m not sure if Tesla is the same but the air suspension can be damaged if lifted and the switch is not shut off first .

I had 2 new rear tires put on my 2014 Model S P85+ At Costco. Since then the air suspension isnt working. Did they not put it in jack mode?

No compressor sounds at all, won’t lower or raise.

I’ve tried reset, as well as power off no luck.

What needs to be done if it wasn’t put in Jack mode? Fixable? Costly?