TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2017 Model S cup holders

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Ken7, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Hate to ask such a mundane question, but I'm getting conflicting answers via google. We had a one day test drive of a Model S (I'm now waiting for delivery on a new inventory S), and I know there were 2 cup holders built-in under the sliding armrest. I believe there were 2 additional 'insertable' cup holders in the forward center compartment that were not installed.

So is this the now standard configuration with 2 also in the rear under the AC vent? Color me confused.

2. _jal_

_jal_ Member

there's a pop out thing in the back under the vents with two for the back seat. It works good but I'm always afraid of it getting snapped off if someone were to step on it.

The center console thing is a configurable set of dividers that can be configured to be two cupholders. It's deep so ok for water bottles but not so much for a can of pop for instance.

• Like x 1
  3. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Thanks jal. That does sound like the tester I drove over the past day.

4. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I hate the Tesla Rear Cup holders. So cheap and rattle a lot. There are a few aftermarket companies that offer a excellent Rear Floor cup holder console. Super sturdy and combined with a iPad holder, is a great entertainment center.

• Informative x 1
  5. Natalie 1

Natalie 1 Member

I do not like the Tesla factory cupholders. We bought aftermarket, way better in my opinion. Especially the rear floor mount cupholder.

6. Bebop

Bebop Member

I’m interested, do you have a link to said product?

7. Natalie 1

Natalie 1 Member

www.evampedup.com But I think you can get them on Amazon too.