Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S Phone Dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, just got my 17’ 100D the other day. I see it has a quick phone connect for what looks like a micro usb. I need a lightning connector for my iPhone. Can’t seem to find one online. Any help appreciated. Thanks

What are you looking for online? You need a USB to lightning cable to replace the existing cable, and those are easy to find on Amazon and elsewhere.
Ok so after looking at this further today I now realize that the quick connect is just a micro to usb that is underneath the quick connect dock. Where does the usb end plug into? It’s a short cord but I don’t see a usb plug underneath where it would go. Thanks

In my 2018 S the USB ports are in the console on the back, next to the 12V outlet. There are two more behind the console that can be accessed from the back seat. All of them can be used for charging, but only the two in the console can be used for dashcam or media playback.

Ok so after looking at this further today I now realize that the quick connect is just a micro to usb that is underneath the quick connect dock. Where does the usb end plug into? It’s a short cord but I don’t see a usb plug underneath where it would go. Thanks
Not underneath, behind toward the console.

Dang my car is dirty.

4D46C5AC-2D9A-40FA-9961-F046F5F50C4B.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I think you are referring to this

Doesn’t seem to be available in US online Shop. I had that one for iPhone and changed for the new wireless cradle.

The mobile dock kit came with both the lightning and USB cable so you could choose which you wanted to use. Someone around here definitely has one in a box somewhere they could send you…

Although TBH I basically never use the charging cradle. It’s finicky, designed for phone dimensions from like 7 years ago, doesn’t work with most cases, etc etc etc.

The wireless option in the Tesla shop seems like the better way to go about it.

It's basically just a short USB A to lightning cable with right-angle ends.

Unfortunately, the wireless option is no longer available in the Tesla shop. I wonder why they discontinued it?

Hey all, just got my 17’ 100D the other day. I see it has a quick phone connect for what looks like a micro usb. I need a lightning connector for my iPhone. Can’t seem to find one online. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Just got my '18 100D delivered last weekend. Does your dock have a micro USB connection or USB C? Mine came with a lightning cable and am willing to do a trade, but only for a USB C connector.