Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S. Unable to see option of buying extended warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my car brand new in 2017 February. I have put on almost 43,000 miles on it. I know the bumper to bumper warranty is for 4 years or 50,000 miles. There used to be an option to buy Extended Warranty or Extended Service Agreement or both at some point. I don't see the option to buy Extended Warranty for my vehicle now under My Tesla Page. Anybody seeing the same? With little things like MCU failures and/or sensor failures, I would want to buy the extended warranty for peace of mind. Anybody able to see option of buying extended warranty today?

Or has extended warranty been replaced by Extended Service Agreement? If yes, what is the difference between the ESA and what used to be Extended Warranty? Thanks.

With little things like MCU failures and/or sensor failures, I would want to buy the extended warranty for peace of mind. Anybody able to see option of buying extended warranty today?
While you can see the prices and T&C's online, you still have to go to a Tesla SC to purchase it.

The Extended Service Agreement can be directly purchased at your nearest Tesla Service Center.

• Helpful
Reactions: bakchod87
I used to see the purchase option (when logged in) on my account as well.

Though I’m still under manufacturer warranty, it seems like this “on line” immediate ability to purchase (from my account) vanished. I purchased in early fall / 2018.
This has changed after recent Tesla website refresh. I had that option under Manage for my car, but it is not showing anymore. As @aesculus stated, you can still do that at the SC.