Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S water leaking in front footwells

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I have a 2017 Model S 90D and I noticed my car was randomly fogging up from the inside. I removed the rubber mats in the front and noticed that the floors were soaked. I checked the entire vehicle from headliner down and there was only water found in the front driver and passenger footwells. It's been dry out here for the last few days and I manually wash my car. I do not believe the leak is coming from the windshield, roof, or windows. Anyone ever experience this?

I had my car to the SC over the summer for this same issue (2016.5 90D). My car started smelling like mold, and I eventually found water under the mats. SC told me it can have multiple causes. In my case, there was a crack in the AC assembly that was leaking water when the AC was run for long periods of time. The entire assembly needed to be replaced (luckily under warranty). It ended up taking several visits to resolve. I found that leaving the fan on (no AC) at max speed after running the AC seemed to help with it in the mean time.

If you take it to Tesla, I'd recommend leaving it with them until they can tell you exactly what the problem is.