Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X 75D w/ PUP 45K Miles for 45K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about selling my 2017 X.

Full disclosure, this has a rebuilt title but it is accident free and flood free. This vehicle was parked near a fire and when I got it the exterior paint showed some fading and some of the chrome trim discolored too. Most people wouldn't have noticed unless it was pointed out to them. Eitherway, I had it sanded down, epoxy primed and repainted to the original color by a reputable custom paint show locally. It has worked great, has ZERO issues and the interior was not affected. Everything except the paint job is original.

I have used a super charger as recently as last week May 5th and had it at the local Tesla service center last month (stone chipped the windshield). There have been no issues with support. I'm happy to provide before and after photos to people seriously interested.

Anyways, this 75D has the premium upgrade package, cold weather package and air suspension. Unlimited supercharging still works but Tesla could decide to remove that some day from what I read.

This is a 3rd car for me (2nd tesla) so I'm just gauging interest if I decide to get rid of it. I'd like to get $45K for it. I'm located in PA.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/on76pPkE1mXsXe1V8

Thanks!

While I'm not a lithium battery engineer, I would be really surprised if the battery was affected. These cars have a fair amount of plastic on them. Nothing on the car melted. There were not any burn or flame marks or warping or signs of high heat. It was mostly the discoloration from smoke. I buffed the paint but you could still see like a shadow in places. Most people that saw my car before the paint job never thought twice about it until I showed them. But I still decided to have it painted.

I keep it charged to 80% which gets me 176 miles. Which I think is about 6% from the factory rated 237 if it was charged full. So typical for a 2017.

All - the OP was nice enough to post a shot of the sticker in the Gdrive as well.

I don't see AP mentioned. Did the X come with a basic level of autopilot? Would this be considered EAP? Does it do Smart Summon?

I don't see any mention of AP at all on the sticker which is odd to me ....

Thanks!

All - the OP was nice enough to post a shot of the sticker in the Gdrive as well.

I don't see AP mentioned. Did the X come with a basic level of autopilot? Would this be considered EAP? Does it do Smart Summon?

I don't see any mention of AP at all on the sticker which is odd to me ....

Thanks!
For a new 2017 Model X, Enhanced Autopilot would've cost $5000. Full Self-Driving could then be added for $3000 more.

I'm pretty sure this car has some autopilot. So it must have been purchased after the sticker.

In my app, I only have the option for FSD.

My other Tesla which has no AP has both listed in the app, and if you select FSD it autochecks the AP option too...so the cost stacks.

But in this Tesla, it only shows the FSD and selecting it does not add or show extra options. When I drive it I use the traffic aware cruise control and I see the visualizations on the dash board for other cars, cones etc, which I think requires at least AP.

Isn't there a clear way to display it in the car? I can then grab a screenshot.

I'm pretty sure this car has some autopilot. So it must have been purchased after the sticker.

In my app, I only have the option for FSD.

My other Tesla which has no AP has both listed in the app, and if you select FSD it autochecks the AP option too...so the cost stacks.

But in this Tesla, it only shows the FSD and selecting it does not add or show extra options. When I drive it I use the traffic aware cruise control and I see the visualizations on the dash board for other cars, cones etc, which I think requires at least AP.

Isn't there a clear way to display it in the car? I can then grab a screenshot.

Thanks eccl. I'm not sure if the visualizations alone mean anything. When your driving and you "double pull" on the AP stalk, does anything happen? You should hear the tones of AP engaging.

In the menus, there should be an autopilot menu. Under car settings in the lower L hand corner of the screen, then autopilot submenu (fourth one down for me) and take a screenshot there? That should show some of the capability.....

Also I would assume that in the app since your only option is FSD that this must mean you have EAP? Can someone confirm that?

Thanks eccl. I'm not sure if the visualizations alone mean anything. When your driving and you "double pull" on the AP stalk, does anything happen? You should hear the tones of AP engaging.

In the menus, there should be an autopilot menu. Under car settings in the lower L hand corner of the screen, then autopilot submenu (fourth one down for me) and take a screenshot there? That should show some of the capability.....

Also I would assume that in the app since your only option is FSD that this must mean you have EAP? Can someone confirm that?

Here we go. Google and ye shall receive:

What Autopilot Hardware does your car have? It’s easy to tell now. | Current Automotive

Take a picture of the first screen under software, shows your car model and major packages. Then click "additional vehicle information" and take a picture of that screen too.

I didn't even know this existed until now. This is helpful, should be a standard pictureapicture someone lists one for sale. Takes all the guesswork out of this.

Anyone else have comments on this as it seems like a steal for 45k which has me worried lol

The used car market is tough right now but will hopefully start to turn around in the coming months. Tesla has a number of 2017 MX 75Ds currently for sale for under $60,000 with FSD.

A well optioned example with 37k miles - 2017 Model X | Tesla
If Tesla is willing to remove FSD, this one could be had for thousands less than $54k.

A big factor impacting the OP's car’s value would be the "rebuilt" title. Surprising that it would’ve gotten a rebuilt title for essentially just a repaint as a rebuilt title is typically only issued after a car has been totaled by an insurance company.

The used car market is tough right now but will hopefully start to turn around in the coming months. Tesla has a number of 2017 MX 75Ds currently for sale for under $60,000 with FSD.

A well optioned example with 37k miles - 2017 Model X | Tesla
If Tesla is willing to remove FSD, this one could be had for thousands less than $54k.

A big factor impacting the OP's car’s value would be the "rebuilt" title. Surprising that it would’ve gotten a rebuilt title for essentially just a repaint as a rebuilt title is typically only issued after a car has been totaled by an insurance company.

Yea that was my understanding with rebuilt title as well. Seems off that just a paint job made insurance company scrap it

Reactions: Rmf1981
I bought with the salvage tile (ie before rebuilding) and thought the same thing when I got it. But if you run the math it actually make sense.

The Tesla approved body shop wanted 18K for paint job alone. And then there was the exterior chrome trim etc for parts and labor. I had the car painted at a local hotrod shop for a fraction of that. And I saved a ton by having them sand/epoxy and then paint the chrome trim for a "chrome delete look". Tesla approved body shops are at the highend of the market and the labor and parts cost escalate quickly. I'll make a separate album for the picture of the car as I bought at the insurance auction.

I fully understand that an R title car is not for everyone. Hence the pricing because frankly, once it has an R title, you have to just take some random dudes word for what was wrong with it. I get that.

Reactions: bubafett
I bought with the salvage tile (ie before rebuilding) and thought the same thing when I got it. But if you run the math it actually make sense.

The Tesla approved body shop wanted 18K for paint job alone. And then there was the exterior chrome trim etc for parts and labor. I had the car painted at a local hotrod shop for a fraction of that. And I saved a ton by having them sand/epoxy and then paint the chrome trim for a "chrome delete look". Tesla approved body shops are at the highend of the market and the labor and parts cost escalate quickly. I'll make a separate album for the picture of the car as I bought at the insurance auction.

I fully understand that an R title car is not for everyone. Hence the pricing because frankly, once it has an R title, you have to just take some random dudes word for what was wrong with it. I get that.

Tesla approved body shop repairs can certainly be expensive. That's unfortunate as rebuilt titles really hurt values.

Also, rebuilt titles are supposed to void the Tesla warranty and I understand they've also been known to remove free supercharging on branded title vehicles.

Lots of things for potential buyers to factor in here.

Reactions: Rmf1981
So am I seeing correctly that his latest picture shows ap2? Anyone else have comments on this as it seems like a steal for 45k which has me worried lol

It has AP 2 HW. The AP package is "AP with safety features" which ive not been able to figure out what that actually means.

OP has told me his only upgrade option is FSD which would imply this is equivalent to EAP...? Maybe?