Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X- connectors hanging down where Cubby Box should be under Main Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a 2017 Model X 75D this past weekend. I didn't notice that it was missing the cubby holder below the main screen till after I took it home. The way I noticed was I saw 2 cables with connectors hanging down where the cubby should be.
1. Does anyone know where I can order this cubby from or the part number for it?
2. Does anyone know what these 2 connectors are for? One is white like a for female pin type (maybe for a light?)
The other is large like an OBD 2 type molex connector but I can't see anything they would connect to.

As far as I can tell everything works as it should. I have a model S so I am familiar with how Teslas should operate.

I will try to get a pic to add when I can get out to the car

There are some functional replacements for the cubby on Amazon and another 3rd one that is twice as much.

One of the connectors I used to connect an adapter wire to and an OBDII adapter for ScanMyTesla.
ala scan my tesla - Adapters
The problem isn't adding an accessory bin or drawer for sorage...I am actually missing the plastic piece that clips into the car. (Cubby storage box)

Upvote 0
20211210_180226.jpg
20211210_180226.jpg

Upvote 0
The connectors are there for a service tech to connect their laptop, basically an Ethernet connection. The cubby comes out on almost every service visit. There are some clips to secure them when not in use, further covered by the cubby box. I have no idea why yours is missing.

Reactions: mat300z
Upvote 0
I bought a 2017 Model X 75D this past weekend. I didn't notice that it was missing the cubby holder below the main screen till after I took it home. The way I noticed was I saw 2 cables with connectors hanging down where the cubby should be.
1. Does anyone know where I can order this cubby from or the part number for it?
2. Does anyone know what these 2 connectors are for? One is white like a for female pin type (maybe for a light?)
The other is large like an OBD 2 type molex connector but I can't see anything they would connect to.

As far as I can tell everything works as it should. I have a model S so I am familiar with how Teslas should operate.

I will try to get a pic to add when I can get out to the car
Submit a service request. Mobile service will bring it to you and pop it in.

Upvote 0
Looks like there may be a couple of part numbers that'd work. I'd check to see what the service center charges.
(1045057-00-C OR 1045057-00-B) -- (1045057-00-C OR 1045057-00-B) - Google Search

Perhaps call these guys (same company AFAIK). The company is run but someone with a great reputation.
057tech.com | hsrmotors.com
Thank you ..I will get it ordered

Upvote 0