Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X FSD 10.4 - Live Sentry ? (Premium Connectivity Active Subscriber)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope so other feature which is nice on the model 3/Y is the tap by the battery icon to switch between miles and percent that is also missing from the s/x .. I am sure there are more features we are missing out ..
Isn’t the battery icon in the S/X on the instrument cluster display? That isn’t a touchscreen, so they would need to move the icon to the main display.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Just been in touch with my local Tesla service .... they say may June 2017 Mode S with MCU2 and HW2 and 6 cameras is NOT upgradable, even with MCU3/new infotainment, HW3/full FSD .... currently stuck regarding TESLA Dashcam
Not sure I understand your statement above? Are you saying that your particular Model S which already had the HW3 upgrade isnt upgradable to "live sentry" update? You mean to say that there will not be a software version that will feature "live sentry" on your Model S?

Not sure I understand your statement above? Are you saying that your particular Model S which already had the HW3 upgrade isnt upgradable to "live sentry" update? You mean to say that there will not be a software version that will feature "live sentry" on your Model S?
I meant, I have MCu2 and HW2 and no dashcam (because I have an early 2017 Model S). I wanted to upgrade either/both mcu and hw to 3 but TESLA service tell me that will not enable dashcam. There is no upgrade to make dashcam work possible.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
Not if built before 2018 (or for sure, not before July 2017) according to Tesla Service.
I think the cutoff was sometime around Sep/Oct 2017 when Tesla switched from HW2 or AP2 to HW2.5 or AP2.5. When I ordered my car in August 2017, the build features listed AP2, but when it was built, it was changed to AP2.5, so the cutover happened around then. I believe the main difference between 2 and 2.5 was redundant processors in the processing unit, as well as newer B pillar cameras. My car, with as-built MCU1 and AP2.5 did support dashcam, but it was pretty unusable. For AP2.5 cars, performing the MCU2 upgrade includes the AP3/HW3 unit and that makes it equivalent to the latest units, before the 2021 refresh units, and supports a fully working and usable dashcam. I believe the cars that had MCU1 and HW2 SHOULD support dashcam if upgraded to MCU2 and HW3, but I don't think HW2 will support dashcam either with MCU1 or MCU2.

So I have the latest build 10.4 which just got installed an hour ago. I do have an active subscription and do also have the Infotainment & Radio Upgrade. However I do not see the Live Sentry Option ?

Does anyone else have Live Sentry on the 2017 Model X who has the FSD computer and Infotainment upgrade with the 2021.36.8 running ??

Yet the Model 3 has the live update option working and also has option in setting to toggle and model X did not .. Wonder why that is.
I have a 17 X and was told be rep today that only 3- Y and late 2021- 2022 S X ,bummer

I have a 17 X and was told be rep today that only 3- Y and late 2021- 2022 S X ,bummer
Yeah, That is such a great feature to miss out on.. I think another reason for me to in the future trade this in for the Plaid X However the refresh are missing the Energy graph which can be I am sure added with a future software update. But I really like that energy graph on the Older gen Model X.. Hopefully Tesla will bring that energy graph to the New Refresh soon