Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X P100D lease takeover $1,367/mo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are also ignoring the obvious possibility that, like most car makers, they might forgive lease miles overages if you buy or lease another car from them... I can’t imagine a company this disorganized even having a method to charge for overages from an admin perspective.
I just turned in my lease with 27k mile overage.
Tesla would not negotiate a buyout
They did charge me for the miles.
They did not want to forgive any mile overage even though I was ordering a new model s
The only thing that surprised me was they did not charge me for curb rashes wheels. They weren’t too bad but definitely beyond normal wear and tear definition.

I just turned in my lease with 27k mile overage.
Tesla would not negotiate a buyout
They did charge me for the miles.
They did not want to forgive any mile overage even though I was ordering a new model s
The only thing that surprised me was they did not charge me for curb rashes wheels. They weren’t too bad but definitely beyond normal wear and tear definition.
That’s helpful to know, thank you. Trying to stay positive, at least I’m borrowing these miles from them tax and interest free :/

One can only speculate, but the lease started at 10K miles with paint that looked like the car had been a loaner for that long. They didn’t due bill the scratches and swirls stating “that’s part of the $40k+ adjustment.” I just hope they keep that in mind when notating lease return damages.

That’s helpful to know, thank you. Trying to stay positive, at least I’m borrowing these miles from them tax and interest free :/

One can only speculate, but the lease started at 10K miles with paint that looked like the car had been a loaner for that long. They didn’t due bill the scratches and swirls stating “that’s part of the $40k+ adjustment.” I just hope they keep that in mind when notating lease return damages.
If it makes you feel any better, the woman from tesla walked around the car once and noted the mileage, signed my return receipt and the next day the car was shipped to manheim lot.
Unlike the 3rd party inspections tesla used to use, this one was not thorough at all, I speculate that’s why I wasn’t charged for the curb rashes on the wheels.
However I did use protection on my car during the 3 years. It looked pretty good upon return.

Attachments

• B80A0919-489F-42C7-8D5E-7565462C40A9.jpeg
    B80A0919-489F-42C7-8D5E-7565462C40A9.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 73
If it makes you feel any better, the woman from tesla walked around the car once and noted the mileage, signed my return receipt and the next day the car was shipped to manheim lot.
Unlike the 3rd party inspections tesla used to use, this one was not thorough at all, I speculate that’s why I wasn’t charged for the curb rashes on the wheels.
However I did use protection on my car during the 3 years. It looked pretty good upon return.

Maybe we should use protection too. No wonder we end up with another new Tesla every 9 months.