Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X Unable to Read iPod Plugged to USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that have this issue. I plug my iPod into the 2nd USB port, the infotainment (MCU) is unable to read/detect that I plugged a device to the port. But when I plug a flash drive into the same USB MCU is able to read that I plugged a device to the port. So, now I need to move/save all my music into a USB flash drive to be able to play my music. I would have thought that a car as advanced as Tesla and especially the Model X would be able to read an iPod. This is the only vehicle I have had that's unable to read/detect an iPod.
Yes, I know can play music via bluetooth, however, when I try to do that the MCU disconnects my iPhone. Not sure why we can't connect more than one device to the MCU via bluetooth..............Or maybe there's a trick to do it.......Anyone know?

Playback from iPhone/iPod via USB is not supported. Bluetooth only, a single device connected at a time.

Thanks for your response. I figured that because I've tried connecting both my phone and ipod, only one can be connected. I was hoping there was a trick to connect 2 devices at the same time via bluetooth. I guess I'll just stick to using a USB flash drive for music.