Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X Unable to Read iPod Plugged to USB

tobasuyi

Apr 6, 2020
Colorado, USA
I'm sure I'm not the only one that have this issue. I plug my iPod into the 2nd USB port, the infotainment (MCU) is unable to read/detect that I plugged a device to the port. But when I plug a flash drive into the same USB MCU is able to read that I plugged a device to the port. So, now I need to move/save all my music into a USB flash drive to be able to play my music. I would have thought that a car as advanced as Tesla and especially the Model X would be able to read an iPod. This is the only vehicle I have had that's unable to read/detect an iPod.
Yes, I know can play music via bluetooth, however, when I try to do that the MCU disconnects my iPhone. Not sure why we can't connect more than one device to the MCU via bluetooth..............Or maybe there's a trick to do it.......Anyone know?

tobasuyi

Apr 6, 2020
Colorado, USA
Playback from iPhone/iPod via USB is not supported. Bluetooth only, a single device connected at a time.

Thanks for your response. I figured that because I've tried connecting both my phone and ipod, only one can be connected. I was hoping there was a trick to connect 2 devices at the same time via bluetooth. I guess I'll just stick to using a USB flash drive for music.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC