Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X VIN - Contradictory Options Codes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a few days away from picking up a 2017 Model X from Tesla and I'm absolutely puzzled by what appears to be contradictory options codes. Please let me know if I've totally misunderstood how these options codes work!

First concern - This car has PI01 - Premium upgrades package. Great!!
However, there are 3 other codes excluding features contained in the premium upgrade package...
X041 No auto presenting doors - Should be X042 Auto presenting doors
LP00 No Premium Interior Lighting - Should be LP01 Lighting package (Perhaps TP00 is a concern too?)
AF00 Standard Filter - Should be AF02 HEPA Filter

Second concern - both CF00 and CH05 are listed. Unclear if this car has 48 or 72 amp charging?

Third concern X021 - No spoiler. The pictures show a spoiler?

upload_2021-1-5_1-32-14.png

compositor

First concern - This car has PI01 - Premium upgrades package. Great!!
However, there are 3 other codes excluding features contained in the premium upgrade package...
X041 No auto presenting doors - Should be X042 Auto presenting doors
LP00 No Premium Interior Lighting - Should be LP01 Lighting package (Perhaps TP00 is a concern too?)
AF00 Standard Filter - Should be AF02 HEPA Filter

I'm pretty sure the newer PI01 code overrides the older, individual option codes, but I can't guarantee it.

Second concern - both CF00 and CH05 are listed. Unclear if this car has 48 or 72 amp charging?

I think these are complementary and not conflicting codes. All MX have the 48 amp charger. You also have the CF00 upgrade to 72 amps.
Only Model S had the 40 amp single or dual chargers CH00 and CH01.

Third concern X021 - No spoiler. The pictures show a spoiler?

The code for the MX Active spoiler is X019, so I don't know why the image shows one.

These are all just best-guesses as to what's happening. Can you PM me the VIN so I can investigate further?

Be sure to check all of these upon delivery, and report back what you found.

Good luck and congrats!

I'm pretty sure the newer PI01 code overrides the older, individual option codes, but I can't guarantee it.

I think these are complementary and not conflicting codes. All MX have the 48 amp charger. You also have the CF00 upgrade to 72 amps.
Only Model S had the 40 amp single or dual chargers CH00 and CH01.

The code for the MX Active spoiler is X019, so I don't know why the image shows one.

These are all just best-guesses as to what's happening. Can you PM me the VIN so I can investigate further?

Be sure to check all of these upon delivery, and report back what you found.

Good luck and congrats!

Hey there, thanks so much for the well thought out followup, and thanks for the incredible web site! I will certainly report back with results after delivery. PM with the VIN sent!

Update:

PI01 according to your VIN page says:
  • "code":"$PI01",
  • "description":"Prevent viruses and bacteria from entering the cabin with a medical-grade HEPA air filtration system
  • Includes Bioweapon Defense Mode
  • Block offensive odors, nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbon exhaust fumes from polluting cabin air with two activated carbon purification filters
  • Self-presenting front door
  • Custom audio system specifically tuned for a Tesla's ultra-quiet cabin
  • Sub-zero weather features including heated seats for every passenger, heated steering wheel, wiper blade defrosters and washer nozzle heaters
  • "group":"INTERIOR_PACKAGE",
  • "long_name":"Premium Upgrades Package",
  • "name":"Premium Upgrades Package"
},

CF00 now looks like "CHARGER FIRMWARE" so I can't say for sure CF00 is the upgraded 72a charger.
  • "code":"$CF00",
  • "description":"$CF00",
  • "group":"CHARGER_FIRMWARE",
  • "long_name":"$CF00",
  • "name":"$CF00"

Spoiler -- I still have no clue, could be a data error.

Well, this is a giant disappointment in typical Tesla customer service fashion. Delivery appointment for Saturday is canceled.

Here in Ontario, Canada, used vehicles need a safety certificate when registering the vehicle. They're only valid for 30 days, and apparently Tesla let the one for this Model X expire and only realized it at the last minute. I can't believe they sat on their hands for an entire week until the Friday afternoon before the Saturday delivery date to do the registration. Our MTO (DMV equivalent) is no longer open on weekends due to COVID, so they don't have time to do another safety certificate and title the vehicle before the delivery appointment. I just hope the 1st (expired) safety certificate wasn't a part of a failed transaction, but rather a typical part of the lease return -> used sales process.

Will report in again next week. Tesla makes such an incredible product. I can only imagine their potential if they took customer service even 1/10th as seriously as engineering.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: johnking
Wanted to share an update. My faith in Tesla has been restored. Got the Model X!

The delivery experience was absolutely flawless. The used Model X was in better condition than my Model 3 was when I bought it brand new. Even the delivery rep commented that "I got a good one".

The suggestion that the PI01 "overwrites" other options codes was absolutely correct in this case.

X041 No auto presenting doors. This car has autopresenting doors.
LP00 No Premium Interior Lighting This car has interior accent lighting
AF00 Standard Filter This car has bioweapon defence mode/HEPA filter.
X021 - No spoiler. This car has a spoiler.

The only thing I haven't been able to check is the high-current charger, might need a day or two for that.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-CPO and johnking
Wanted to share an update. My faith in Tesla has been restored. Got the Model X!

The delivery experience was absolutely flawless. The used Model X was in better condition than my Model 3 was when I bought it brand new. Even the delivery rep commented that "I got a good one".

The suggestion that the PI01 "overwrites" other options codes was absolutely correct in this case.

X041 No auto presenting doors. This car has autopresenting doors.
LP00 No Premium Interior Lighting This car has interior accent lighting
AF00 Standard Filter This car has bioweapon defence mode/HEPA filter.
X021 - No spoiler. This car has a spoiler.

The only thing I haven't been able to check is the high-current charger, might need a day or two for that.

Not sure where you're looking up the option codes, but I believe they've been inaccurate for quite some time now. Not something I would rely on... As you can see clearly.

Congratulations on the Model X! Glad you are so happy --- so where's the photos?! :)

Very cool. I'm curious about the spoiler, I thought I read the active spoiler was discontinued. Is yours the one that raises and lowers? When was your 2017 manufactured? I'm picking up a Dec 2017 soon and curious about the spoiler type as well.

I'll have to dump the ev-cpo info. I found the similar dump on tesla-info.com to be helpful, but it shows a different format.