TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 MS 75D 35K Miles Loaded $78,500

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by msandry, Aug 14, 2018.

1. msandry

msandry Member

This 75D is in excellent shape. Note: Car was ordered 12/14/2016 and delivered in February 2017. Happy to send additional pictures if interested. Includes Free Unlimited Super Charging. The 21" Arachnid Wheels ($4,000 value) have less than 3,000 miles on them. I am also including the 19" factory wheels. You'll have summer and winter tires! Car professionally tinted. Also includes Evannex full car cover. Both sets of wheel rims are in perfect condition. NO Curb Rash. Aftermarket painted calipers (Looks Amazing!). Tesla Sports Pedals. All Factory scheduled service at Indianapolis Service Center. Tesla replaced the battery at 15,000 miles due to defect so current battery only has 20,000 miles on it. There is a minor scratch on the passenger rear wheel well that I can send a picture of.

fullsizeoutput_78a8.jpeg o1Z%ZaQXSf2VERsHnfJVog.jpg %xZMZQQzS2eMGtGWpkrgqw.jpg hNNwH519TwGTXIGUQ+YDDw.jpg KvE1DKndRv6lK0sriJzx7w.jpg UnHE6dsHRL+HvyzR5gYNSw.jpg RGwV6bDgTSCXt+iamUwAlQ.jpg

• Funny x 2
  2. Grisik

Grisik Member

Just my opinion but I think you are over priced. There have been several other 2017 with similar or less mileage for less money. One sold for $55k and a two others are in the low $60s.

• Like x 4
  3. Rdr4evr69

Rdr4evr69 Member

I typed out a long post here, then deleted it as not to be “that guy”
    PM me what you will really sell for please.

S

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

i cant help but openly mock someone who sells a car with 35k miles for roughly same price you can get a brand new one for.

$88,500 for the same config - $7500 tax credit = $81,000 for brand new, or $78500 for a car with 35k miles, hmmm.....

• Like x 3
  5. msandry

msandry Member

Just configured it on Tesla and came up with $92,300 - $7,500 tax credit = $84,800. Yeah, I'm a bit high priced. :-/ I guess. I'll re adjust.

6. msandry

msandry Member

Just configured it on Tesla and came up with $92,300

7. msandry

msandry Member

Thanks for not being "that guy" :). I PM'd you.

• Like x 1
  8. Grisik

Grisik Member

Sent you a PM

9. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

I think the key thing here is to get a trade in offer from Tesla first. That will give you sort of a range to work with.

Usually Tesla Offer + $4K-7K is kind of the range for private value. I would consider getting a trade in offer from Tesla just out of curiosity.

10. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Technically it only currently has about 20K miles because of the new battery.

A battery that has 35K miles on it is different than a battery that has been used for 20K.

11. msandry

msandry Member

Actually waiting for Tesla quote at the moment :). There is a tax advantage to trading in the car to Tesla. I live in Indiana so a quote from Tesla can be increased by 7% to account for the sales tax I would save. That equates to $4,900 at a trade in value of $70,000.

12. Grisik

Grisik Member

I think you will be shocked at the offer from Tesla, Vroom, Carmax and others usually give better offers.

• Helpful x 1
  13. msandry

msandry Member

Yeah, my Tesla sales guy already prepped me for the low price he expects they will give me. I'm hopeful someone out there doesn't want to wait and wants what I have to offer. There are also people in a position where the $7,500 tax credit doesn't really help them. I'm actually such a person. I am a self-employed real estate developer with a ton of deductions already. It's not that I couldn't use the credit but it just doesn't have the impact as say someone with a high wage job that pays a lot in taxes each year. I'm rolling expense/depreciation deductions over to future years just so I don't loose them.

• Like x 1
  14. Zorg

Zorg Member

I would sell the fancy wheels separately

• Like x 1
  15. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

I agree. I would put on the 19’s. Sell the current wheels, don’t include them as part of the car. Should get you some more money in your pocket.

• Like x 1
  16. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Sounds good. What kind of information did they ask from you? If any for doing a trade in offer.

17. msandry

msandry Member

He just asked for my VIN and mileage. He's seen the car multiple times and knows the condition. I thought I'd get a quote today but haven't seen anything yet.

18. Sunshine State

Technically it has 35,000 miles on it. The battery is just the "gas tank"

19. msandry

msandry Member

I lowered the price to $75,000 and posted on cars.com and exoticcarlist.com. Does anyone know how I can edit the title of this conversation and lower the price to $75,000?

• Funny x 1
  20. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Did you get your trade in offer?