Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 MS 75D - Charging stops after adding 1kwh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -

Hoping I could get some help on this.

I've been charging at home for a couple of years via the mobile EVSE with a 14-30 adapter. The car has been charging normally for that entire time at 24 amps.

In the past two weeks, I've been having a situation where the charging starts up, but then stops after adding about 1kwh. This only happens at my home. I can supercharge fine, and I can use a Level 2 charging station outside of the home fine (e.g., chargepoint). I reduced the amps on the Tesla to 23 amps at home to see if that would make a difference, but it doesn't. One thing that seems out of the ordinary - but I don't know if it is unusual - is the voltage reading goes from 245-248 when its charging at home.

Other data points:

1/ The same thing happens at home when I tried to troubleshoot by using an audi etron mobile charger (yes - only drawing at 50% so the amps are ok). But, the audi charges fine.

2/ For a time, I was using EV Engery's grid skipper app that modified charge times for those using silicon valley power to better times. However, I asked them to revoke the token, and then I also changed my tesla password AND called tesla after I did that to verify that nobody had third party access to the car.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions here that I should ask Tesla to check on the car before I go call an electrician to see if there's something funky going on with the current.

Thanks so much!

That was my initial thought as well, but it was happening for a different at-home cable as well (ie, the audi cable). I'm working with Grid Shift/SVCE to see if they have some sort of geofence set on my house that is working weird with a tesla api.