Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 MX 75D - Rapid Idle Battery Drain at 11%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to get the battery fairly low before charging it using the CCS adapter tonight, but our MX lost 3% SoC just sitting in the driveway for 53 minutes, using 1.42kWh in the process (effectively like 4.5 miles of driving):

Fast-Idle-Drain.png

It didn't go to sleep and then it texted us when it hit 9% saying to charge now to avoid damage, etc.

This is the 1st time I've seen this behavior, but as noted I wasn't going to leave it like this for more than a few hours. However, at the rate it was draining I plugged it into our L1 home charger (vs our L2) as the electric rates are very high right now just to keep it from dropping further (if it's even enough to hold it - waiting to see). The above made me think not to let it stay idling if it won't sleep. Most DAYS it doesn't lose 3% (when asleep), but this seems very high even for idling.

• Does the battery drain faster below 20% and does the car prevent any sleeps below 20%?

I'm trying to figure out what's going on. The car was locked in our driveway while I was finishing work for the day (after getting back home from CVS).

Thanks!