Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 MX AP2.0 still waiting for 36.2.1

Did you get the 36.2.1 update yet ?

• I have AP2 and I got the update

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I have AP2 and still waiting

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • I have AP 2.5+ and got the update

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • I have AP 2.5+ and did not got the update

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslafi shows huge deployment of the latest firmware 36.2.1 but also shows Most were to AP2.5 and 3.0 cars

number of AP2 cars on the site is limited and hence reaching out to the community to check.

i’m yet to get it, have set to preference to download as soon as possible and keep checking the software tab often :(

number of AP2 cars on the site is limited and hence reaching out to the community to check.
I certainly didn't get the feeling that the AP2.0 / HW2.0 cars were limited. It is hard to tell now that AP is not automatically knowned via the API and what TeslaFI.com can see (and it is user settable now).

I have an AP2.0 X. 36.2 exploded [updates] yesterday.

rDnSJPo.jpg

I have been received the latest update on the first or second day it appeared on TeslaFI for AP2.0.

But not 36.2.1 - The car downloaded 3.1GB (maybe map update) then the next day it downloaded ~ 950MB (the firmware) but no any notification. Tried reboot/tap click advanced button but well. The mothership hasn’t allowed my car to update yet.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I have been received the latest update on the first or second day it appeared on TeslaFI for AP2.0.

But not 36.2.1 - The car downloaded 3.1GB (maybe map update) then the next day it downloaded ~ 950MB (the firmware) but no any notification. Tried reboot/tap click advanced button but well. The mothership hasn’t allowed my car to update yet.

I am on the same boat, every other time an update would get to me in a day or so after it was spotted on Teslafi and honestly i enjoyed it.. This time is different.. I see the numbers keep going up on Teslafi.. but with only 190 or so cars with AP2 reported, was not sure..

upload_2019-11-12_14-8-7.png

Reactions: r0xx0r
True that ! of the 8800 cars listed on TeslaFi only 190 or so are AP2.0.. For AP2.0 the stats show only 35 or so cars (<20%) have the new version...
I'm confused. Many of the 8900 cars on TeslaFI *no*longer* have an AP version associated with them. That broke a couple months back. It was automatically set to n/a ... users had to go to settings to manually set it. THAT means you stats on AP2.0 cars can not be accurate at all. HTH

Autopilot version is incorrect / Knowledge base / TeslaFi
Autopilot version is incorrect
TeslaFi uses the option codes of the vehicle to determine which version of Autopilot the vehicle has. In some firmware versions the option codes may be incorrect. Currently the majority of vehicles being logged are not reporting the correct option codes.

You can override the option codes in settings->account->advanced if the option codes are displaying the incorrect Autopilot version.

I was feeling like my AP2.0 was being forgotten , but I just now got notification of 36.2.1!! Downloading now.

So stoked!
I'm confused. Many of the 8900 cars on TeslaFI *no*longer* have an AP version associated with them. That broke a couple months back. It was automatically set to n/a ... users had to go to settings to manually set it. THAT means you stats on AP2.0 cars can not be accurate at all. HTH

Autopilot version is incorrect / Knowledge base / TeslaFi

true and that’s why I setup the poll to see what users here are experiencing

I have an AP 2.0 X. Received the update a couple of hours ago. As @NorthShroe mentioned, only Smart Navigation and Scheduled Departure.
Bit of a bummer to not get one pedal driving, but not a huge surprise.
iirc No pre-raven X/S will get 1 pedal driving. Something to do with the Model 3 induction motor that we don't have in pre-raven cars.
I thought there was a tweet/answer from Elon that it is software. Think about it tho ... TACC can do stop-n-go on highways (or stoplights if behind a car) *already* today!!

Update: my car is downloading something right now. Probably this update. I bought FSD upgrade for my AP2.0 X.

So:
11/8: 3.1GB downloaded (map update)
11/9: 950MB
11/12: Downloading something

Reactions: thevaibhav