Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 MX Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Sentry Mode enabled on my X and on my mobile app, and everytime I return to the car, I get a notification there were a few incidents but do not show up anything (no recording). I already have a USB in there.

Is there anything else I need to view these notifications?

Are we supposed to get a notification on your mobile app when there is a trigger?

I have Sentry Mode enabled on my X and on my mobile app, and everytime I return to the car, I get a notification there were a few incidents but do not show up anything (no recording). I already have a USB in there.

Is there anything else I need to view these notifications?

Are we supposed to get a notification on your mobile app when there is a trigger?

No. You don't want to get 57 notifications just in 1 hour just because people are nearby.

It does notify you if there is a car alarm.

Older cars has sentry as a watch dog with no recording, thus you cannot review any.

You need to update to MCU2 to do that.

Newer S and X cannot view live sentry with MCU2, they need to buy 2021 MCU3 to do that.

I get a notification there were a few incidents but do not show up anything (no recording). I already have a USB in there.

The important question is what version of the Autopilot computer do you have on your 2017 Model X?

The ability to watch the videos on the vehicle itself depends on MCU version, but the ability to actually record video to a USB drive is dependent on the Autopilot computer.

You can check by clicking:
Controls -> Software -> "Additional Vehicle Information", which is just under the VIN number.

Came here to search for this. My 2021 Model Y is doing the same thing since the V11 update! I get notifications of events in the car, but none are saved to the drive. Dashcam clips save just fine, but there’s nothing under Sentry. I’ve tried rebooting & reformatting and it‘s still acting up.

• Disagree
Reactions: m5james
Adding my vote to this.

I have a M3 fitted with a new, USB 3.1, 128GB USB stick.
The stick is recognised and was formatted in the car.
Checking the stick on the laptop, the folder structure is there ('teslacam', laps folder, sentry folder, etc.).
The car *can* download the one Sentry Mode clip it does have (this is the clip stored to the car's internal memory) to the stick, and this is viewable on my laptop.
The car *does not* record any Sentry Mode events to the USB stick.
Sentry Mode activates as expected. There's an alerts count on screen when I get into the car.
Tapping those alerts shows me only the one video; the old Sentry Mode video stored to the car's internal memory.

TL;DR - No Sentry Mode videos are recorded to the USB stick. Dashcam records fine.

• Disagree
Reactions: m5james
Bumping this post only because I wanna know HOW to watch Sentry Mode events ONLY.

I've got a USB to USB C adapter so I can connect my thumb drive to my phone, I've even downloaded an app called Telsacam Reviewer...but I see ALL the videos and don't know how to filter out what I don't care about.

M3, MY and MCU2 users need not reply how they do it in their cars because those of us on MCU1 can't watch anything via the app and/or in the car.