TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2017 New England Super Chargers

Discussion in 'New England' started by mikevbf, Dec 17, 2016.

1. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

Anyone with better eyes and mapping ability able to figure out where in New England the new 2017 super chargers will be?

Supercharger | Tesla

2. figers

figers X60D Owner

Nope, I even grabbed the image which is high resolution from the webpage and zoomed in and as far as New England states go there are red dots over red dots that makes it nearly impossible

3. tga

tga Supporting Member

Flipping back and forth, I see nothing new in ME (a shame, Portland would be nice for my annual family trip to Mt Desert, else I have to backtrack a bit to Seabrook).

I see 4 new dots:
    • East of Lincoln. Maybe Conway.
    • Between Lincoln and Magog - maybe Saint Johnsbury (91/93 intersection).
    • At the end of the Cape.
    • One just north of Auburn. Maybe 290/495 interchange (Marlboro).

4. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

#4 aronth5, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    -The end of the Cape for sure.
    -North Shore near Boston
    -Doesn't seem like N. Conway is listed which many expected but not clear enough to be sure.

-Let the conjecture begin:)

supercharger 2017 map.PNG

5. David29

David29 Member

Sounds good. But we'll have to wait and see. They never got all the ones done on their previous years' forecasts, have they?

6. Nikxice

Nikxice Member

I'd concur with Conway, Saint J, and P-town. Also, two dots appear just west/northwest of Boston. One of those dots was formally on the 2016 map. Looking further to the west, it's difficult to judge that dot just north of Auburn. Could be anywhere from Marlboro to Nashua. In Littleton, MA, near 495 and Rt 2, construction on "The Point" shopping/dining development is still ongoing and might fit the bill. On this updated SC map I also detect one or two new locations in western CT. One could be around Danbury along I-84.

• Like x 1
  7. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Houlton area is off the map. A new dot appears near Saguenay, QC. Maritimes get no love.

8. aronth5

I stand corrected on N. Conway. Not sure why I thought it was not on the map.

9. Whiteblaze

Whiteblaze Member

Looks to me like one in the northwest corner, like Caanan or North Caanan? An odd location, IMO, but I go hiking around there all the time so I'm not complaining.

10. robby

robby Member

I don't understand why they'd put a Supercharger in Marlborough. 495/Rt 3 or 495/95 would be much more useful, being about halfway between both Dedham and Hooksett and Seabrook and Auburn.

11. Driver Dave

Driver Dave Member

Tip of cape p-town is nice, but somewhere like Orleans would be more centrally useful.

Going by a horizontal line with sagamore, it does look more in line with Orleans so maybe that is the case. Anyone hear any cape supercharger news?

The new one up top in NH looks like Conway.

Would be nice to get something MA north shore / cape ann. Definitely a big hole in that area.

• Love x 1
  12. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

495/95 would be less than 10 minutes from Seabrook.

95/3 would make some sense, especially if they're going to combine it with a Service Center serving the northern and western suburbs of Boston as well as southern NH.

I live about 4 minutes away from "the point" in Littleton, MA. I wouldn't even need that one to get back from a long trip, but I'd maybe pop in there on weekends to "talk Tesla" with fellow owners once I get my Model 3.

as far as amenities, that would actually be a really nice spot. a few restaurants, a hotel, movie theater being built. semi-upscale....would easily fit the Tesla demographic.

13. Driver Dave

Driver Dave Member

#13 Driver Dave, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Doing a rough overlay and adjustment it does look like more Orleans area of cape than P-Town in relation to current Sagamore SC.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 9.08.15 AM.png

• Love x 1
  14. Driver Dave

Driver Dave Member

And does look like Conway up north... in relation to Lincoln.

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 9.13.43 AM.png

15. tga

tga Supporting Member

I've got to think the next greater Boston area sales/service center is more likely to be in Nashua. Home delivery of cars to lower-tax states of NH, VT, and ME isn't really sustainable, especially once the 3 starts shipping in volume.

• Like x 1
  16. aronth5

Agree. Last time I was at the Dedham store they said Tesla was actively looking in the Nashua area.

17. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

For 2017 I was disappointed not to see them trying again in Portland, ME or South Portland, ME.

We were recently in the West River Junction, VT/Lebanon, NH area in our Volt. By coincidence on our visit
    - we drove directly past the West Lebanon, NH Supercharger visiting a relative
    - we stopped at Hooksett (South), NH south for gas

We were taking the fastest route home. Hooksett (South), NH to Augusta, ME is 157 miles. Stopping at Seabrook, NH means a 10.7 mile diversion. The route into Maine is currently through Seabrook, NH, so I just hope they figure that Portland, ME or South Portland, ME can wait until 2018. (I think that the Model 3 could do reasonably well in Maine. With TOU electricity is reasonably cheap.)

18. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

that would also be fine for me, as I'm ~20-25 minutes from Nashua. They'd probably ship my 3 there.

19. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Who's got TOU now? CMP doesn't anymore.

20. robby

robby Member

Good catch, sorry, I meant 495/93, not 495/95.

If Tesla wants to build a joint service center/Supercharger in NH, I wonder if they'd consider Salem instead of Nashua. Plenty of shopping plazas and I-93 is much better-suited to road trip traffic than Rt 3. Hooksett may render it moot until it becomes a capacity issue, though.