Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who's got TOU now? CMP doesn't anymore.
Eversource has TOUR, at least in Eastern Mass. I applied back in October but do not have it yet. It only saves a modest amount. It saves about 5 cents/kWh compared to my current residential rates, and it only affects the transmission and delivery portion of the bill, not the generation portion. So once TOUR is active, I will still be paying well over 20 cents per kWh, which is more than some non-Eversource suppliers utilities. Someone wrote today on Facebook Tesla page that he only pays 15 cents in Hingham (municipal utility).

Who's got TOU now? CMP doesn't anymore.
Regular residential delivery is $0.066541/kWh)

There's no TOU on _supply_ ( was trialed for 2 years), but there's still TOU on delivery.
I'm on Saving Plus on A-TOU-OPTS (it's now better than the standard TOU A-TOU tariff).
From January 2017 based on standard offer supply of $0.06691/kWh, which makes the marginal rate $0.11054c/kWh (plus tax as applicable), which while not cheap, certainly isn't terrible.

Sales/Service/Supercharger in Nashua would make sense - it's on a major highway and has tons of retail, but based on the density of Teslas in eastern mass (thanks mor-ev!) I would think that Burlington or Littleton would work better:

tesla_eastern_ma.png

Also, both of those locations make sense from the perspective of having superchargers near major highway intersections:

eastern_ma.png

Sales/Service/Supercharger in Nashua would make sense - it's on a major highway and has tons of retail, but based on the density of Teslas in eastern mass (thanks mor-ev!) I would think that Burlington or Littleton would work better:

I'm thinking Littleton for the Superchargers, and Nashua for the Service Center. And only Nashua, because as others have pointed out, it would serve as the delivery gateway for orders in northern and eastern MA, all of NH, all of ME, and all of VT.

Seeing from your tag that you're in Concord. Burlington would be great, other than 128 traffic.

As long as they don't put it on DW Highway in Nashua, traffic up there would be tolerable. Hopefully they move quickly so they can get everything up and running before Model 3 deliveries start.

Reactions: aronth5
I wonder if they'd consider Salem instead of Nashua. Plenty of shopping plazas and I-93 is much better-suited to road trip traffic than Rt 3. Hooksett may render it moot until it becomes a capacity issue, though.

I live right next to Nashua. Salem wouldn't be as centrally located. Salem is also much smaller than even Nashua - less than 29,000 people. That's barely more than Hudson (25K, my town) which is a suburb of Nashua (90K).

I don't know whether they'll go with Nashua - and try to "catch" northern MA - or go with Manchester since that's NH's largest city (110K) with #2 Nashua to the south and #3 Concord (42K) to the north with Salem a 20 minute drive to the south and Portsmouth (22K) less than an hour to the east.

• Informative
Reactions: robby
I live right next to Nashua. Salem wouldn't be as centrally located. Salem is also much smaller than even Nashua - less than 29,000 people. That's barely more than Hudson (25K, my town) which is a suburb of Nashua (90K).

I don't know whether they'll go with Nashua - and try to "catch" northern MA - or go with Manchester since that's NH's largest city (110K) with #2 Nashua to the south and #3 Concord (42K) to the north with Salem a 20 minute drive to the south and Portsmouth (22K) less than an hour to the east.

There are quite a few Teslas in the Southern NH/Northwest suburbs of Boston area. There are probably going to be quite a few more once Model 3 deliveries start.

If we're going by demographics of people who would buy a Tesla though....Nashua is a safer bet than Manchester or Salem.

I understand Manchester from a geographical coverage standpoint, but I just think Tesla owners/soon-to-be owners would be more concentrated in the Nashua area.

Maybe they'll put the Service Center near the 101A-Amherst, NH area?

Maybe they'll put the Service Center near the 101A-Amherst, NH area?

Considering a possible Tesla Service Center in the Nashua area, Amherst St appears to have more real estate options vs. the DW Highway. It's also a little easier to navigate. The old Building 19 site on Amherst St. is just north of the of the airport runway. It's been vacant and available for many years now. Good location and after this much time, it might be affordable. However, could use some TLC to convert to a SC. I recall a news story from a couple years ago, when heavy snows caused a partial roof collapse.

• Helpful
Reactions: st50maint
Considering a possible Tesla Service Center in the Nashua area, Amherst St appears to have more real estate options vs. the DW Highway. It's also a little easier to navigate. The old Building 19 site on Amherst St. is just north of the of the airport runway. It's been vacant and available for many years now. Good location and after this much time, it might be affordable. However, could use some TLC to convert to a SC. I recall a news story from a couple years ago, when heavy snows caused a partial roof collapse.

There's a considerable amount of wealth in Amherst/Hollis/Nashua/Merrimack not to mention plenty within a 25-30 minute drive of Amherst. That wouldn't be a bad spot at all.

(Hopefully their real estate people are stalking this thread)

;)

It's probably the ONLY good spot on NH-101A (Amherst St) since it has access right from Exit 8. Going further out (west) means even more traffic lights and Amherst Street is NOT a fun place to be in rush hour.

Now, there's a great pad spot in Hudson (was supposed to be developed but never was), right off the highway that would have minimal traffic and I could WALK there :)

There's a considerable amount of wealth in Amherst/Hollis/Nashua/Merrimack not to mention plenty within a 25-30 minute drive of Amherst. That wouldn't be a bad spot at all.

(Hopefully their real estate people are stalking this thread)

;)

Here's a not too subtle nudge using Google maps. That would be (603) 434-6700!
Building 19.jpg

Notwithstanding the fact we all bring our own geographical bias to Tesla's decisions, any location in southern NH would have to add consideration for our friends in VT. At least one VT owner (probably many) are advocates for service in NH. Knowing they are unlikely to see a service center sooner than NH, any reduction in the long drive would be a benefit.

It's probably the ONLY good spot on NH-101A (Amherst St) since it has access right from Exit 8. Going further out (west) means even more traffic lights and Amherst Street is NOT a fun place to be in rush hour.

Now, there's a great pad spot in Hudson (was supposed to be developed but never was), right off the highway that would have minimal traffic and I could WALK there :)

If you're referencing the property across from the highway exit, I'm pretty sure it's owned by the state DOT. They've been sitting on it for years. That's part of the land reserved for the partially developed circumferential highway. The proposed completed highway gets periodically revived, designed to alleviate traffic on Lowell Rd. and to add another bridge over to RT 3 between Nashua and Manchester. Wonder if they'll ever give it up? Large issue with wetlands towards the east, also costs and eminent domain hassles, they might as well throw in the towel!

Notice driving off the highway and heading north on Lowell Rd., maybe a quarter mile past the Subaru dealer, there's a open plot on the left that's been available for years.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
If you're referencing the property across from the highway exit, I'm pretty sure it's owned by the state DOT. They've been sitting on it for years. That's part of the land reserved for the partially developed circumferential highway. The proposed completed highway gets periodically revived, designed to alleviate traffic on Lowell Rd. and to add another bridge over to RT 3 between Nashua and Manchester. Wonder if they'll ever give it up? Large issue with wetlands towards the east, also costs and eminent domain hassles, they might as well throw in the towel!

Notice driving off the highway and heading north on Lowell Rd., maybe a quarter mile past the Subaru dealer, there's a open plot on the left that's been available for years.

No, I know THAT land is 'reserved'. But there's a pad spot that just to the south at the Wal-Mart / Sam's Club / DCU intersection - diagonally opposite the McDonalds. Periodically, there is a news story that someone heard a rumor about a pending lease to a restaurant chain for the site - but nothing ever happens.