Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that they finally got permission to drop it at the rest area on the Pike.

If so, I wonder if they offered to install/pay for CCS/Chademo stations there as well, to assuage MassDOT's concerns about appearing to favor particular vendors. Allegedly, the Natick plaza was supposed to get some kind of DCFC station by the end of 2016, but I don't see anything there on PlugShare.

Natick Mall would be the other obvious option.

If so, I wonder if they offered to install/pay for CCS/Chademo stations there as well, to assuage MassDOT's concerns about appearing to favor particular vendors. Allegedly, the Natick plaza was supposed to get some kind of DCFC station by the end of 2016, but I don't see anything there on PlugShare.

Demographic-wise, Natick Mall is perfect (which is why there's a store there), but if they're going for volume and proximity to the highway, my guess is the Pike. We'll see, eventually.

I agree, as a future model 3 owner I think I'd rather see the map of where all the new service centers are going rather than super chargers, however I have one 20 min from home so I'm not as concerned as your average reservationist.

And the counterpoint, it's 286 miles to the Watertown Service Center from where I am in Maine, so yeah, I hope enough neighbors put in reservations to warrant a SvC somewhere in the state. (Montreal might actually be closer for me...)

The Dedham/Watertown folks have been expecting a southern NH service center for going on a year now. I don't think we will see Maine until well after that and since there is no future supercharger in southern NH on the new map I doubt it is in the works at all.

Last edited:
And the counterpoint, it's 286 miles to the Watertown Service Center from where I am in Maine, so yeah, I hope enough neighbors put in reservations to warrant a SvC somewhere in the state. (Montreal might actually be closer for me...)

(It's 36 miles farther away from Bangor and it's much slower to get there. But that's a nice drive over the hills and you can pick up some bags of cheese curds on the way back.)

Beverly I'd expect to be near Sohier Rd / Rt.128 interchange. I'd expect the Lynnfield SC site to be at Market Street. Directly off rt 128 and also very close to Rt1. If this is true I'd also expect the Yonkers, NY location to be at Ridge Hill. If not there then at Cross County Mall. Sorry for the rampant speculations!

I heard from someone involved in EV charging infrastructure (not connected to Tesla) that it wasn't just about particular vendors, it was about particular luxury vendors - for cars priced at about $70-140K at the time. Perhaps the advent of a more reasonably priced and higher-volume Model 3 has changed their rationale, or that combined with installing some CCS/Chademo stations as has been done in some of the CT locations.

• Informative
Reactions: Bokonon
Would be nice to have a Tesla in the line up to represent and be a croud pleaser/fund raiser but without a charger anywhere near the route it's not going to happen—unless there is already a very local Tesla. Hello! Anybody? <crickets> I could' make it there and back without DCF charging. Just sayin'.
United Way Auto Rally rolls across County June 3

You could post in the Canada forum. There is at least one owner in Edmundston and several in the lower St-Lawrence where a CHAdeMO may be available by then in Temiscouata-sur-le-lac.

Looks like they are planning a supercharger in Leominster, which will be handy for Boston->Leominster->Brattleboro camping trips in my X. While towing, my 60D has a practical range of < 100 miles, so Leominster will avoid having to detour through Springfield for a charge.
Anyone have any news on progress in Leominster? Any chance it could be completed before the end of summer camping season?

Looks like they are planning a supercharger in Leominster, which will be handy for Boston->Leominster->Brattleboro camping trips in my X. While towing, my 60D has a practical range of < 100 miles, so Leominster will avoid having to detour through Springfield for a charge.
Anyone have any news on progress in Leominster? Any chance it could be completed before the end of summer camping season?

I live a few towns away, and I just checked their website....not a peep yet. Might want to keep an eye on MassDOT as well. There is a rest area on Rt 2 Westbound. Technically in Leominster, but being on state property, it might not have to go through the city permitting process.

Would certainly be good news but what have you heard that makes you believe they are planning a supercharger in Leominster?

Some additional details - Telsa had discussions with both LL Bean and the owners of the parking garage, both declined. Tesla may have some other potential locations in mind - one possibility is the Shaw's parking lot on the southern end of down outside of the retail district. This would make for the easiest highway access but does not provide for easy walking access to the shop and restaurants in the "village" (there is a Dunkin' and a BBQ restaurant though).

Reactions: Gwgan
Some additional details - Telsa had discussions with both LL Bean and the owners of the parking garage, both declined. Tesla may have some other potential locations in mind - one possibility is the Shaw's parking lot on the southern end of down outside of the retail district. This would make for the easiest highway access but does not provide for easy walking access to the shop and restaurants in the "village" (there is a Dunkin' and a BBQ restaurant though).

When you say, "declined," does that mean the property owner declined, or Tesla? If it was the property owner, did you hear anything about why? Does Tesla not pay enough, take up valuable space they owners did not want to relinquish, etc., or what? Curious what the economics or perceived value/disadvantage such a facility would be to a property owner. We tend to think of ourselves as desirable customers, but maybe the landlords see it some other way....