Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re: delivery/service center. I suspect the next one will NOT be in MA for several reasons. Deliveries to NH/VT/ME are all sent individually from Dedham up north on a trailer so delivery can take place outside of MA. This is for 2 reasons: 1) MA does not have temp plates so no way to get a car on the road, and 2) an out-of-state resident taking delivery inside MA must pay MA sales tax even if the car will not be registered in MA. Southern NH makes sense for a 1st, then southern ME (portland) for a 2nd one.

Re: SC in that area. It's unfortunate that there is still a big gap in Northeast MA/ Southern central NH. As others have mentioned Merrimack, Nashua, Tyngsboro, or Lowell along RT3/Everett would make sense, however that SC would be clogged with commuters (except for Merrimack, that'd exclude the tons of people that commute from Nashua to the south).

Reactions: David29 and tga
The best information we have for Massachusetts is what Tesla has included in their list of existing and "coming soon" supercharger locations. As far as a delivery center I would assume either Beverly or Lynnfield, otherwise it makes little sense to have two supercharger locations so close together.
Supercharger locations Massachusetts.PNG

Merrimack, NH looks to be a bit of an outlier for a SC location, but at this stage, can't rule anything out. Not sure where you'd put them off Route 3 and there's always those menacing Merrimack tolls to contend with. The outlets close by 9pm, there's nothing else open after that, so likely a poor location. Driving one exit north is a Common Man restaurant which is run by the same family that manages both service areas in Hooksett. They are known to be pro EV and there's also a 24 Dunkin' next door. Still seems more likely that one of the border towns away from Hooksett, such as Nashua or Salem, will eventually see a SC location, ideally paired with a sales and service center.

Hopefully we'll be seeing some activity soon in North Conway, NH. The recent odds are that the outlet shops won't be getting Superchargers. Very good chance that the location will be a little farther north, close to the village center. Along with the Scenic Railroad, there are plenty of small local shops and eateries in the area.

Here is an update on the Freeport, Maine Supercharger! Ground will be breaking this month (September) and it will be located on Justin's Way just behind LLBean's retail store in downtown. Walkable to restaurants, Starbucks, and of course 24/7 shopping!

On another note, I made it comfortably from Augusta Maine to the Magog, Quebec supercharger the other day with my Model S 75D. So trips to Montreal are readily achievable!

Here is an update on the Freeport, Maine Supercharger! Ground will be breaking this month (September) and it will be located on Justin's Way just behind LLBean's retail store in downtown. Walkable to restaurants, Starbucks, and of course 24/7 shopping!

On another note, I made it comfortably from Augusta Maine to the Magog, Quebec supercharger the other day with my Model S 75D. So trips to Montreal are readily achievable!
Someone local needs to start and update a Freeport S/C thread. We need pictures once it starts!

really? you might need to refresh. there are a few new ones near Boston (seaport, etc) a few on the Cape, Portland Maine, the Maritimes, a few in VT, etc etc etc

seriously...that's just in our corner of the map.
The only new "Coming Soon" in VT that I haven't seen before is Rutland (Killington?). Hopefully only they keep the old model of shared 120+kW for road trips and only do 72kW for true urban SC's.