Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The town planner believes, but is not certain, that both LL Bean and the parking garage opted not to proceed with the project. One possibility is that neither owner was willing to give up existing parking spaces to be dedicated to ev charging. Businesses in town are required to provide a certain number of parking spaces - I think it is based on SQ of retail space or something similar. It is possible that neither business had spare spaces to give to the super chargers. This is one of the reasons that the supermarket plaza on the southern end of town may be a better location, they have tons of extra spots.

Nice. Can you elaborate on "is happening"?
The tip came from someone at the nearby Shaw’s supermarket (a candidate location with a Dunkin Donuts), not a first-hand report. Don’t know if it’s construction, permit, discussion, or a mistaken Destination Charger plan. Tipster will be there next Thursday to gets eyes on. Hoping somebody has a chance to take a look before then.

Supercharge.info updated. Danbury, 20 Stalls at the mall......

EDIT:
More info and pictures found here.
TeslaRoadTrip on Twitter
Looks to be in the outer lot as soon as you enter. Where they sometimes have a rug or firework stand.

Discussion here:
Danbury, CT Supercharger
I was there today. Didn't see any activity or Tesla related items. But it is right at the main mall parking entrance right at the end of the exit ramp, far from the mall itself, which should prevent ICEing.

Reactions: chjch and Dan_A
Tip about charging at the chocolate factory in Freeport was not true. They do have a J1772 Wilbur's of Maine Chocolate Confections | Freeport, ME | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare. New tip is they think they heard something about it going in at Maine Beer Company.

I actually messaged Maine Beer... they are thinking about putting in a destination charger after all of the construction is done. Seems like nobody has the inside scoop on a Supercharger yet.

I do not think any has happened in Freeport yet. I chair one of the town committees so I know the Town Engineer and the Town Planner, neither one are aware of any permits being requested. The Maine Beer Company location would have been just too awesome for me on those occasions when I need a fast charge - I'd be a little worried about ICEing given how often they have parking problems.

Freeport will be handy. I had to spend almost an hour at Augusta to get enough to make it to my next southbound stop (nav was predicting 40-50 min to get to Seabrook or Hooksett). I couldn't seem to maintain >70kW at Augusta. It started normally (~115), but dropped after a few minutes (battery was still in the mid-20% range).