Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flipping back and forth, I see nothing new in ME (a shame, Portland would be nice for my annual family trip to Mt Desert, else I have to backtrack a bit to Seabrook).

I see 4 new dots:
  • East of Lincoln. Maybe Conway.
  • Between Lincoln and Magog - maybe Saint Johnsbury (91/93 intersection).
  • At the end of the Cape.
  • One just north of Auburn. Maybe 290/495 interchange (Marlboro).

-The end of the Cape for sure.
-North Shore near Boston
-Doesn't seem like N. Conway is listed which many expected but not clear enough to be sure.

-Let the conjecture begin:)

supercharger 2017 map.PNG

Last edited:
Flipping back and forth, I see nothing new in ME (a shame, Portland would be nice for my annual family trip to Mt Desert, else I have to backtrack a bit to Seabrook).

I see 4 new dots:
  • East of Lincoln. Maybe Conway.
  • Between Lincoln and Magog - maybe Saint Johnsbury (91/93 intersection).
  • At the end of the Cape.
  • One just north of Auburn. Maybe 290/495 interchange (Marlboro).

I'd concur with Conway, Saint J, and P-town. Also, two dots appear just west/northwest of Boston. One of those dots was formally on the 2016 map. Looking further to the west, it's difficult to judge that dot just north of Auburn. Could be anywhere from Marlboro to Nashua. In Littleton, MA, near 495 and Rt 2, construction on "The Point" shopping/dining development is still ongoing and might fit the bill. On this updated SC map I also detect one or two new locations in western CT. One could be around Danbury along I-84.

Reactions: SureValla
Tip of cape p-town is nice, but somewhere like Orleans would be more centrally useful.

Going by a horizontal line with sagamore, it does look more in line with Orleans so maybe that is the case. Anyone hear any cape supercharger news?

The new one up top in NH looks like Conway.

Would be nice to get something MA north shore / cape ann. Definitely a big hole in that area.

• Love
Reactions: Jurnimon
I don't understand why they'd put a Supercharger in Marlborough. 495/Rt 3 or 495/95 would be much more useful, being about halfway between both Dedham and Hooksett and Seabrook and Auburn.

495/95 would be less than 10 minutes from Seabrook.

95/3 would make some sense, especially if they're going to combine it with a Service Center serving the northern and western suburbs of Boston as well as southern NH.

I live about 4 minutes away from "the point" in Littleton, MA. I wouldn't even need that one to get back from a long trip, but I'd maybe pop in there on weekends to "talk Tesla" with fellow owners once I get my Model 3.

as far as amenities, that would actually be a really nice spot. a few restaurants, a hotel, movie theater being built. semi-upscale....would easily fit the Tesla demographic.

95/3 would make some sense, especially if they're going to combine it with a Service Center serving the northern and western suburbs of Boston as well as southern NH.
I've got to think the next greater Boston area sales/service center is more likely to be in Nashua. Home delivery of cars to lower-tax states of NH, VT, and ME isn't really sustainable, especially once the 3 starts shipping in volume.

Reactions: Nikxice
I've got to think the next greater Boston area sales/service center is more likely to be in Nashua. Home delivery of cars to lower-tax states of NH, VT, and ME isn't really sustainable, especially once the 3 starts shipping in volume.

Agree. Last time I was at the Dedham store they said Tesla was actively looking in the Nashua area.

For 2017 I was disappointed not to see them trying again in Portland, ME or South Portland, ME.

We were recently in the West River Junction, VT/Lebanon, NH area in our Volt. By coincidence on our visit
- we drove directly past the West Lebanon, NH Supercharger visiting a relative
- we stopped at Hooksett (South), NH south for gas

We were taking the fastest route home. Hooksett (South), NH to Augusta, ME is 157 miles. Stopping at Seabrook, NH means a 10.7 mile diversion. The route into Maine is currently through Seabrook, NH, so I just hope they figure that Portland, ME or South Portland, ME can wait until 2018. (I think that the Model 3 could do reasonably well in Maine. With TOU electricity is reasonably cheap.)

495/95 would be less than 10 minutes from Seabrook.

Good catch, sorry, I meant 495/93, not 495/95.

If Tesla wants to build a joint service center/Supercharger in NH, I wonder if they'd consider Salem instead of Nashua. Plenty of shopping plazas and I-93 is much better-suited to road trip traffic than Rt 3. Hooksett may render it moot until it becomes a capacity issue, though.