Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 P100D Ludicrous Max Battery Power Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P100D Ludicrous would not let its self get into full Max Battery Power state today. It would start the heating process and just stop every time it got close to 5min left. Strange thing is that it worked just fine (only used it maybe 3-4 times) for the last 3 weeks or so until I stopped at the Tesla Service Center today. I wanted to use Max Battery Power on the way there but it heated up exactly when we got there and I didn't get to use it so I just switched it back to sport to let it cool off. At the center just discussed some cosmetic issues that needed to be addressed and left. Stopped at a Supercharger for the car to be charged up a bit and left for home. On the way home tried to activate Max Battery Power multiple times and sometimes it didn't even acknowledge that I selected the option other times it got to 5 mins and just turned off. Called Tesla Support and they said they will pass on the information to their Engineers and get back to me. Anyone else have this issue?
Thank you.

Recharged the car a bit at home and took it out again tonight and Max Battery Power worked flawlessly. Hoping this was just some electronic glitch, but I'm glad it's on record with Tesla incase I have any future issues.