Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 P100D new order tire sizes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The base wheel is the 19" Slipstream wheel which is 19X8.0" and is fitted with 245/45-19 tires (no stagger). An optional 19" wheel is the Cyclone Wheel which is also 19X8.0" front and rear. The third option is the 21" Turbine wheels which come in 21X8.5" fitted with 245x35-21 up front, and 21X9.0" fitted with 265x35-21 Michelin Pilot SS in the rear.

I'm still debating whether the Turbine wheel/tire package would be a safe bet on a P100D through winter and would welcome any inputs from those that have experience with these.

The base wheel is the 19" Slipstream wheel which is 19X8.0" and is fitted with 245/45-19 tires (no stagger). An optional 19" wheel is the Cyclone Wheel which is also 19X8.0" front and rear. The third option is the 21" Turbine wheels which come in 21X8.5" fitted with 245x35-21 up front, and 21X9.0" fitted with 265x35-21 Michelin Pilot SS in the rear.

I'm still debating whether the Turbine wheel/tire package would be a safe bet on a P100D through winter and would welcome any inputs from those that have experience with these.

I'm using the 21" for summer and put the standard 19" on as winter tires. Mainly because I didn't want spend double the amount on tires, as 21" winter tires are extremely expensive

That sounds like the best option. I'm guessing the tires that come with the 19" base wheel are all seasons; did you stick with those or choose winter tires?

I actually ordered the standard set with Pirelli Sottozero winter tires on them. Quite happy with those. I also need specific winter tires and all-season tires are not accepted in neighbouring countries where winter tires are mandated by law.

I actually ordered the standard set with Pirelli Sottozero winter tires on them. Quite happy with those. I also need specific winter tires and all-season tires are not accepted in neighbouring countries where winter tires are mandated by law.

Ah, good point - didn't realize you were in the EU. In any event, it does make sense to have dedicated winter tires as long as you're going with two sets of wheels and tires.