Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 P100D vs new LR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
good morning! I purchased a 2017 P100D with 30k miles with a third party dealer a few months ago. Since then, I've had some headaches and growing pretty frustrated with the car. There have been some small issues like side repeater camera failing and older mcu freezing up. But the main issue is paint, which is one of those things that really bugs me. Some panels have been repainted and they didnt do a great job, which we noticed after taking a road trip and the abundance of rock chips.

Long story short, I'm considering opting for new LR+ with the recent price drop. For the price of same trade-in value of my car, I can get into a brand new LR+. However, I dont want buyer's remorse moving away from the P and losing the better resale value. I've been spending the past week researching both and apart from the brakes and motor, the cars are essentially the same now. The premium upgrades that were offered in 2017 are now all standard on both models.

Pros for LR+:
NEW! New MCU, perfect paint, no gremlins
More Range
All premium features are now standard

Cons:
No performance motor and brakes
Resale value

Am I missing anything? Would appreciate any experience of folks moving away from the P to the LR and your thoughts. Thanks!

The resale value of an older P car is going to be lower than you think. The depreciation curve does not favor them.

So if that is the only thing holding you back, I would go for the LR.

You also get newer MCU and Raven Suspension upgrades. Yes, you will be sacrificing your launch speeds. But how often are you really stomping the pedal?

Reactions: AMPd
Long story short, I'm considering opting for new LR+ with the recent price drop. For the price of same trade-in value of my car, I can get into a brand new LR+.
Have you gotten a trade-in quote for your car? A new MS LR+ before options is $70,620. I doubt you could get that for your current car as a trade-in, especially when Tesla is offering a 2017 MS P100DL with 30k miles and FSD for $70,100 retail.
2017 Model S | Tesla