Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Q4 Deliveries

How Many Total Cars Will Tesla Deliver in 4Q17?

• < 25,000

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 25,000 - 26,000

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • 26,000 - 27,000

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • 27,000 - 28,000

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • 28,000 - 29,000

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • 29,000 - 30,000

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • > 30,000

Votes: 22 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd say it's more likely than not that Tesla has already delivered more than 1,000 Model 3's in 4Q.

What is your basis? If Tesla goes on holiday on December 23rd, there is little time to deliver Model 3s. If October and November deliveries were ~500 cars, then >500 more in two weeks? That would be great if true. Expecting January to "knock our socks off" in Model 3 deliveries. I think the big surprise for Q4 will be Model S and X deliveries. All markets are on fire, although China, after a fast start, has been quiet (no reports) for several months. Perhaps all those new Model 3 employees in Fremont were assigned to S/X lines until battery packs for Model 3 began to arrive in volume.

What is your basis? If Tesla goes on holiday on December 23rd, there is little time to deliver Model 3s. If October and November deliveries were ~500 cars, then >500 more in two weeks? That would be great if true. Expecting January to "knock our socks off" in Model 3 deliveries. I think the big surprise for Q4 will be Model S and X deliveries. All markets are on fire, although China, after a fast start, has been quiet (no reports) for several months. Perhaps all those new Model 3 employees in Fremont were assigned to S/X lines until battery packs for Model 3 began to arrive in volume.

Unlikely that Tesla will shut down production last week of quarter-end. If things are going well, maybe first week of January. Pics/videos/articles on Fremont show increased activity. Should increase some more in the coming days/weeks.

I thought this quarter they had to change S and X production lines to run them on the same line? So I would estimate that that line is no where near 25000k

They reduced a shift, moving workers to the Model 3 line, and guided for 10% less production on the S/X. So around 23k. Personally I am banking on them selling down inventory and delivering significantly more cars than they produced.

Reactions: NateB
I thought this quarter they had to change S and X production lines to run them on the same line? So I would estimate that that line is no where near 25000k

They reduced a shift, moving workers to the Model 3 line, and guided for 10% less production on the S/X. So around 23k. Personally I am banking on them selling down inventory and delivering significantly more cars than they produced.

We don't know if they kept the reduced rate throughout the quarter.

Unlikely that Tesla will shut down production last week of quarter-end. If things are going well, maybe first week of January. Pics/videos/articles on Fremont show increased activity. Should increase some more in the coming days/weeks.

Last week of production will have least impact on Q4 due to prep and delivery scheduling. Just on time delivery could lead to loss of good will due to any delay, along with decline in morale for those working through the holiday (especially post-hell).

Shutting down the line down but keeping DS/OA working (potentially from home for set up) to deliver the finished cars would be more advantageous, and not impact as greatly those who have been in manufacturing hell.

Motivation:
Factory: "Vacation starts when we run out of parts"
DS: "Vacation starts when that lot is empty"

Historical question: How long did it take for Oprah's 276 audience members to leave with their new cars (with zero planning/ documentation)?

• Funny
Reactions: mrdoubleb