TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 S 100D 3% degradation 42k Miles

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by NickFie, Jul 25, 2020.

1. NickFie

NickFie Member

Very happy camper here. I think recent software releases may have delivered meaningful efficiency gain in dual motor management during highway cruise.

Best experience yet with our Model S on our annual near-Philadelpia to Cape Cod MA trip.
    - 388 miles
    - EAP set to 75 mph, Navigate on Autopilot on.
    - Chill mode.
    - Range Mode Off!
    - Cabin set to 71 F.
    - Very heavily loaded.

Started trip with 100% charge / 323 miles. More than 96% of original 335 rated mile range.

We skipped Madison, CT Supercharger. On the way to New London, CT Supercharger, trip planner showed we could hit Warwick, RI Supercharger with about 11% charge remaining.

My wife explained that, regardless of remaining battery capacity, her bladder wouldn’t last beyond New London.

Will have to try non-stop Philadelpia to Warwick drive on my own in the future.

274 Wh/mile on the first leg, 268 Wh/mile on the second. Last year I had to resort to hyper-miler techniques, and lower cruise speed, to get that efficiency for any stretch of travel.

The added Superchargers on I-95 between New Haven and Warwick greatly reduce the risk of running low in what had been a Supercharger desert.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1