Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Own a Dec 2017 100D and it is far from slow, today I did a quick timed run, I even did not accelerate full from the start, 0-100 kph was 3.552 seconds. Full acceleration was not possible due to the little wet road, so I pushed the throttle gently. It also was a bumpy "Belgian" road.

The 2.5 - 2.7 range can be reached with the p100D only in ludicrous mode and it has to warm up. So I think for daily use en p100D will be in the 3.0-3.2 sec range.

But indeed the P versions have different rear motor, I saw it myself in the factory, had a factory tour in Holland before.

For me the P was not worth the 30k extra.

Reactions: PrGrPa and EVSteve
Around the same time as they announced new back seats and 75/75D uncorking

My S100D was built mid-October, and came with the new rear seats. So this should be uncorked from the factory, right?

I floored it a couple of times, but I don't think I saw the power-meter max out (it didn't reach the interpolated 400ish mark). However, I'm on winter tires, cold weather and I had 60-70% SoC.

My S100D was built mid-October, and came with the new rear seats. So this should be uncorked from the factory, right?

I floored it a couple of times, but I don't think I saw the power-meter max out (it didn't reach the interpolated 400ish mark). However, I'm on winter tires, cold weather and I had 60-70% SoC.
You should take a proper test. A box or the power tools app you can find on the App Store for iPhones and test the acceleration. Uncorking should be around 3.6sec from 0-60/62mph. My 75RWD delivered in December should have been uncorked from factory but I took it to the service centre and they uncorked it for me so now it is faster.

• Informative
Reactions: digistyl3
You should take a proper test. A box or the power tools app you can find on the App Store for iPhones and test the acceleration. Uncorking should be around 3.6sec from 0-60/62mph. My 75RWD delivered in December should have been uncorked from factory but I took it to the service centre and they uncorked it for me so now it is faster.
Would there be an app at Google Play for android and if so what is the exact name of the app.
my 100 D seems to be very fast.

I Own a Dec 2017 100D and it is far from slow, today I did a quick timed run, I even did not accelerate full from the start, 0-100 kph was 3.552 seconds. Full acceleration was not possible due to the little wet road, so I pushed the throttle gently. It also was a bumpy "Belgian" road.

The 2.5 - 2.7 range can be reached with the p100D only in ludicrous mode and it has to warm up. So I think for daily use en p100D will be in the 3.0-3.2 sec range.

But indeed the P versions have different rear motor, I saw it myself in the factory, had a factory tour in Holland before.

For me the P was not worth the 30k extra.

I'll second these results. I have a Nov build S 100D - I can get around 3.5 to 60 as well.

There is a thread on performance results where they are being recorded and a thread on how to check if you are 'uncorked', its not the for the technically-challenged however.