Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S P100D Gen 2 Wall Charger moving to new home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought they were both max 48amps it only listed up to 100amps for two and plug share?
No, the Gen1 and Gen2 were big beefy ones that could always be used on up to a 100A circuit and provide 80A continuous. There were awesome, bulletproof products. The Gen2 introduced the circuit sharing ability, but they could always be used for 80A by themselves anyway. The Gen3 was a really annoying step down: less reliable and only 48A maximum supply. That was frustrating some people who still had or were buying used Teslas that still should have been able to use 72A or 80A.

Upvote 0
No, the Gen1 and Gen2 were big beefy ones that could always be used on up to a 100A circuit and provide 80A continuous. There were awesome, bulletproof products. The Gen2 introduced the circuit sharing ability, but they could always be used for 80A by themselves anyway. The Gen3 was a really annoying step down: less reliable and only 48A maximum supply. That was frustrating some people who still had or were buying used Teslas that still should have been able to use 72A or 80A.

Gotcha from the chart when i was shopping
it looked like it only went to 44mph no matter the amps on the circuit Second Generation Wall Connector

I went with the Chargepoint flex 50 incase my wife ever went EV. She like Mini's

Upvote 0
Gotcha from the chart when i was shopping
it looked like it only went to 44mph no matter the amps on the circuit Second Generation Wall Connector
Limited by the capability of the onboard charger inside the car then. Notice that in the chart you linked? Each piece of equipment in the chain has its limit, and the lowest one has to be the limiting factor. So you can have a wall connect that can offer 80A, but if the car can only accept 48A, they will communicate, and the car will only ask for 48A. It's not a problem for the wall connector to have more available, but that car won't be able to make use of all of it.

Upvote 0