Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S P100D owner feedback wanted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all

Currently have a 2013 85S since 2016. A 2017 ludicrous P100D popped up on tesla's site for a price that seemed good so I put down the deposit (88k cdn/70k USD, 53k km/33k mi) to hold it for me. Now I need to figure out if I actually want it so I was hoping other 2017 P100D owners could give some feedback on their cars, specifically these questions but other general feedback (like you are a dummy, get the Model Y perf instead) is appreciated. I will ask these to Tesla as well but I know Tesla's sales answers are different than real life so I prefer to talk to the community instead...

1) Price? It seems to be below the market value right now, especially in Canada. Thoughts?
2) Supercharging...what are the speeds? Did they get nerfed like 85's? Rough kw @ 20%, 50% and 70% would be a good reference for me. I will refuse to take this car if tesla doesn't allow me to test the supercharging speed....this is the main reason I am moving away from my current S85.
3) What options/features were there available at that time? Anything I should be looking for to see what it has/missing?
4) Autopilot/FSD. This one said "autopilot" included but nothing about FSD. EV-CPO said the AP hardware was "2.5". Would it be upgradable if I wanted to for this vintage of car? Anyone know approx cost?
5) Is sentry mode available on this vintage?
6) Warranty...It says original warranty expires this month and a 1 year used car warranty is on it. Is the used car warranty the same as the original warranty? Such as if the suspension rattles, is that covered? Can I buy extended warranty?

Appreciate the input.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have a Sept 2017 Model S P100D Ludicrous. Original Owner:

(1) I plan to keep my Model S P100D. Sorry, I have no idea what the FMV would be to purchase one from Tesla directly.
(2) The max I've seen is around 160kw between 10% SOC and 30% SOC, and I can get around 105kw up to 50% SOC and then it tapes down to 75kw to around 80% SOC or so. Original pack was around 315 miles, and now I get around 283miles at 100% SOC (with all cells balanced). I normally charge to 90% once a week, and 100% about once a month. Just past 60,000 miles. Using "ScanMyTesla" android app with the appropriate cables, I've confirmed that I have around 50% Supercharging, and 50% Level 2 charging with a Wall Connector/Chargepoint at work.
(3) Originally, it comes with "Non transferable" Supercharging for life, and free for life Internet Connectivity, both of which I assume have been removed from the vehicle by Tesla as they own it and can remove it. I also have EAP and FSD and I assume Tesla will remove those items as well since they are software. I did the MCU/2 Upgrade (without the radio), but those options are available - see Infotainment Upgrade. I also did the enhanced security with motion detection - see 2012-2020 | Model S Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade
(4) I assume if you purchase the FSD Software (or do the monthly subscription which is now available), then you could request the hardware upgrade from 2.5 to FSD Computer.
(5) I believe only the original owner can acquire the Tesla Extended Warranty which is what I did. It does not cover rattles, and in fact I believe rattles and squeaks are only covered for the first 10,000 miles of a new purchase.

Hopefully this helps.

I have a Sept 2017 Model S P100D Ludicrous. Original Owner:

(1) I plan to keep my Model S P100D. Sorry, I have no idea what the FMV would be to purchase one from Tesla directly.
(2) The max I've seen is around 160kw between 10% SOC and 30% SOC, and I can get around 105kw up to 50% SOC and then it tapes down to 75kw to around 80% SOC or so. Original pack was around 315 miles, and now I get around 283miles at 100% SOC (with all cells balanced). I normally charge to 90% once a week, and 100% about once a month. Just past 60,000 miles. Using "ScanMyTesla" android app with the appropriate cables, I've confirmed that I have around 50% Supercharging, and 50% Level 2 charging with a Wall Connector/Chargepoint at work.
(3) Originally, it comes with "Non transferable" Supercharging for life, and free for life Internet Connectivity, both of which I assume have been removed from the vehicle by Tesla as they own it and can remove it. I also have EAP and FSD and I assume Tesla will remove those items as well since they are software. I did the MCU/2 Upgrade (without the radio), but those options are available - see Infotainment Upgrade. I also did the enhanced security with motion detection - see 2012-2020 | Model S Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade
(4) I assume if you purchase the FSD Software (or do the monthly subscription which is now available), then you could request the hardware upgrade from 2.5 to FSD Computer.
(5) I believe only the original owner can acquire the Tesla Extended Warranty which is what I did. It does not cover rattles, and in fact I believe rattles and squeaks are only covered for the first 10,000 miles of a new purchase.

Hopefully this helps.
Thank you for the feedback! I also have Scanmytesla so I'll be bringing that to grab the stats off the car. Now I'm wondering if my harness is different, arg. What is your battery capacity in kwh now? Do you know what it was new?

Ya Tesla being Tesla they stripped everything from it software wise. I hate their model and hate to support it but even if i was to add those options back in I still think it's below market value. Also hate leaving free supercharging but not many options for that now :(

This is the list that was on tesla's site, it said premium connectivity is a paid monthly charge as well:
  • 100D Ludicrous Performance
  • All-Wheel Drive
  • Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
  • Glass Roof
  • 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  • Cream Premium Interior
  • Cream Premium Interior
  • Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Light Headliner
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Autopilot
  • Premium Upgrades Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Subzero Weather Package

Nice config. The only thing I would recommend... before you drive it home, force them to get service to push out the latest software for it. The reason is if you love music, the base is absolutely nuts with the UHFS... I mean absolutely nuts. To the point where your internal organs vibrate when listing to some of the latest tracks from Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, etc...

I haven't used ScanMyTesla since last summer, but I can check later tonight and let you know what values I see.

To your questions:

1) No idea about fair market value
2) Max kw I've seen is 185. That's brief though and came after an update last year or two. Original max was ~120kw even on higher power chargers. Similar taper profile as zanary described. After 50%, typically drops below 100kw. 70% is usually around 60kw.
3) There used to me more options. Sound system, cold weather pkg, panoramic roof, premium seats, premium upgrades pkg, carbon fiber decor, paint, wheels, high amperage charger, autopilot, FSD.
4) same as zanary
5) Sentry mode is available, but recordings are terrible and no live streaming
6) Don't know about warranty questions

Hey all

Currently have a 2013 85S since 2016. A 2017 ludicrous P100D popped up on tesla's site for a price that seemed good so I put down the deposit (88k cdn/70k USD, 53k km/33k mi) to hold it for me. Now I need to figure out if I actually want it so I was hoping other 2017 P100D owners could give some feedback on their cars, specifically these questions but other general feedback (like you are a dummy, get the Model Y perf instead) is appreciated. I will ask these to Tesla as well but I know Tesla's sales answers are different than real life so I prefer to talk to the community instead...

1) Price? It seems to be below the market value right now, especially in Canada. Thoughts?
2) Supercharging...what are the speeds? Did they get nerfed like 85's? Rough kw @ 20%, 50% and 70% would be a good reference for me. I will refuse to take this car if tesla doesn't allow me to test the supercharging speed....this is the main reason I am moving away from my current S85.
3) What options/features were there available at that time? Anything I should be looking for to see what it has/missing?
4) Autopilot/FSD. This one said "autopilot" included but nothing about FSD. EV-CPO said the AP hardware was "2.5". Would it be upgradable if I wanted to for this vintage of car? Anyone know approx cost?
5) Is sentry mode available on this vintage?
6) Warranty...It says original warranty expires this month and a 1 year used car warranty is on it. Is the used car warranty the same as the original warranty? Such as if the suspension rattles, is that covered? Can I buy extended warranty?

Appreciate the input.
Thanks

As for #1 I recommend looking on the famous auction site begins with E, ends with y. Not sure if I can post the name here. On their motors section, you can filter by auctions already ended and see the final price it was sold for any P100D's recently sold there.

The second thing I do is I will go to a major car selling website, copy all the listings of say a P100D for sale, then figure out the average listing price from a dealer/private seller, using Excel.

Finally, there is Edmunds which has their true market value that seems pretty accurate.

Over the last weekend, I hit a new record for Supercharging on v3. It was at this level for maybe two minutes and then tapered down slowly to the 145 and down to 115 when at 50% or so.

Attachments

• DB342907-0EE7-484E-A380-C7F47C21D831.jpeg
    DB342907-0EE7-484E-A380-C7F47C21D831.jpeg
    437.1 KB · Views: 108