Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S P100D, Tesla for Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Run away from this one 2017 Tesla Model S P100DL | eBay - court ordered, wonder if this was bank repo'ed or drug seizure? Could be anything from alimony, bankruptcy, roadracing, etc.

Check this one out - 2016 Tesla Model S P100DL | eBay - this one might be worth ~$92ish K, if it wasn't a demo unit it would be worth more.

I would get the extended warranty on any demo, as the launches will kill the CV joints and put a lot of stress on the inverter and drive unit. (DU is covered by 8 year unlimited, not sure about inverter). Also more wear on the drivers seat with the perforated option.

That 2016 P100D better sell soon because as soon as Tesla finally unveils what AP 2.0 can do and starts making improvements an AP 1.0 P100D would instantly loose about an additional $5-10K in value over an AP 2.0 P100D. I am tempted to trade in our car for a P100D, especially if the interior update does not come out by June, but I would not even bother making an offer for an AP 1.0 P100D.

++1 about the extended warranty for a P100D. Especially when it was used as a demo. Probably a month of demo use is equivalent to over a year of a typical owner's use of the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Fully loaded should mean all the options right? If that's true, the car would have been worth north of 160k.

Depends on the options honestly. To me, a fully loaded P100D would not necessarily have the Rear Facing Seats as I have absolutely no use for them and the folding seats will needlessly take space. I also would not consider the 21" wheels to be part of a fully loaded configuration either as I consider the 21" wheels to be a downgrade and liability on DC area streets that are maintained about as well as the surface of the moon :)

Without those two options I think a "loaded" configuration used to be right around the mid 150s and now such a configuration with the rebate is in the mid 130s since Tesla bundled some of the options. A P100D probably loses about about $15-20K in value the moment you drive it off the lot and then about an additional $3,000 in value each month the first year of ownership.

I'm scared to imagine how much our P85D is worth and it is likely worth about half of what we paid for it 3 years ago. The more you load up a Tesla with options the more you lose but IMHO it was well worth what it has costed me in depreciation. This is the most satisfying car I have ever owned and I can't even imagine how a P100D could improve the experience :)

These cars really spoil you from considering anything else. Where do we go from here? A Dragon space capsule?

Depends on the options honestly. To me, a fully loaded P100D would not necessarily have the Rear Facing Seats as I have absolutely no use for them and the folding seats will needlessly take space. I also would not consider the 21" wheels to be part of a fully loaded configuration either as I consider the 21" wheels to be a downgrade and liability on DC area streets that are maintained about as well as the surface of the moon :)

Without those two options I think a "loaded" configuration used to be right around the mid 150s and now such a configuration with the rebate is in the mid 130s since Tesla bundled some of the options. A P100D probably loses about about $15-20K in value the moment you drive it off the lot and then about an additional $3,000 in value each month the first year of ownership.

I'm scared to imagine how much our P85D is worth and it is likely worth about half of what we paid for it 3 years ago. The more you load up a Tesla with options the more you lose but IMHO it was well worth what it has costed me in depreciation. This is the most satisfying car I have ever owned and I can't even imagine how a P100D could improve the experience :)

These cars really spoil you from considering anything else. Where do we go from here? A Dragon space capsule?
I am “fully loaded” except for subzero, removed my rear facing seats with the help of a bolt heater to remove the red loctite bolts. I will say, it’s not a car. Especially with AP2 FSD and EAP option. It’s more akin to a condo purchase next to your workplace. Sleep eat travel, and sit in awe of the vehicle, you name it. I go between holy crap moments I’ve spent so much on the car to holy crap I can’t believe I’m driving the best thing on earth for this price! I feel bad for Bentley owners, I’m a total snob now... really starting to hate myself here, but it’s just that good. Best money I’ve spent. As long as they keep working towards FSD and swap my stuff out if needed, I don’t ever want to sell this thing.

Check this one out - 2016 Tesla Model S P100DL | eBay - this one might be worth ~$92ish K, if it wasn't a demo unit it would be worth more.

DO NOT buy this one. That is my business partner's former car (VIN verified), and he forced Tesla to buy it back under Lemon law for leaking pano roof, rear trunk leak, handle failure problems, driver seat "rock" problem, and failure of folding mirrors to fully deploy after retracting.

Funny that Tesla sold it as a CPO after they bought it back from him. Pretty sure that is NOT legal.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
DO NOT buy this one. That is my business partner's former car (VIN verified), and he forced Tesla to buy it back under Lemon law for leaking pano roof, rear trunk leak, handle failure problems, driver seat "rock" problem, and failure of folding mirrors to fully deploy after retracting.

Funny that Tesla sold it as a CPO after they bought it back from him. Pretty sure that is NOT legal.

Do you have actual proof that Tesla sold a lemon buyback as a CPO car?

True. Goodwill?

Let’s hope the original owner didn’t sign an Non-disclosure agreement as that cats out of the bag

I'm not the original owner. :) I didn't, nor would I ever, sign a NDA.

Plus I'm 100% sure that various state "whistleblower" clauses would supersede any NDA restrictions in regards to Tesla selling a previous Lemon buy-back as a "CPO", but as many have pointed out, that would depend upon the exact specifics of the NDA and those vary GREATLY.

This car could have been bought back on a non-lemon law basis, legally, and resold as a CPO. Further, each state has different lemon-laws and the laws of the state where the buyback occurred would need to be analyzed, as well as the specific facts.

Regardless, given that it's a CPO, it's a lot of money for a car that cannot get an extended warranty. I have searched for third-party warranties that cover Tesla (including consulting with a professional) and, so far, have come up blank.

Reactions: davidc18
Maybe it is actually not his loss after all.

"Your honor, I tried my best to sell the car for $25K more than what it's worth. I guess I'll now have to suck it up and keep it." :D
Your honor, I have evidence of my spouse repeatedly threatening me by saying that it's "either me or the car" which means that I should be granted sole custody of said vehicle.

Sorry to question the collective wisdom evaluating used P100D pricing here, but, I was in the market for a P100D for a few months a could not find anything in the price range you guys are mentioning. I used every resource out there (tesla CPO, autotrader, ebay, craigslist, etc).

Also, not referring to the unicorn p100d historically listed on ev-cpo that may have been available for like 5 minutes before someone snatched it up. Clearly, that shows the demand is there once it hits the under $100k price range.

In fact, If I had found a single P100D for under a $100k available, I would have jumped. I ended up with a P90DL to fit my budget. Right now, the cheapest p100dI I see anywhere is Cars for Sale: Used 2016 Tesla Model S AWD Performance for sale in BELLEVUE, WA 98005: Hatchback Details - 473625729 - Autotrader

Yes the value is dropping daily, but as of now, I think if the buyer can get that particular car for under $110k, that would be a good deal.

Or maybe I suck at car-shopping.