Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S100D odd behaviors- mirrors, radio, autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BriansTesla

Old school meets new tech
May 8, 2012
AI WA
I am a little worried about some odd behaviors recently. Last week my S put itself in park at a light. Called Tesla and they didn't see a problem and asked if I had my seatbelt on, which I did. A couple days ago, after being parked for a while, the mirrors were folded and didn't unfold automatically. This happened several times. I checked the settings and auto-fold was off, I have never used auto-fold. Now the past two days when getting in each morning, the radio was tuned to an AM station that I haven't listened to for weeks. Homelink has been more erratic than usual as well. Maybe I just need to reboot?

Reminds me of a joke: Just imagine if Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed. Wait a minute, He does!

I have had some of the same issues as well. The radio switched to an AM new station that I saved but never listened too a couple times and for some reason the car had weird settings for my driver profile. My GF who drove the car the next day said the same thing that her driver profile was all messed up as well and also had to readjust the seat settings, steering wheel height and mirror settings. I also noticed during this time that my seat would only move forward but not backward when trying to adjust it. (resetting the car fixed that)