Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Supercharger in Honolulu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2017-12-15_13-42-18.png

Old Macy's Kailua building is in grey. Only two EV spots as of 02/14/17. As I see other plans, I hope to see a whole row of Tesla chargers for the expected Kailua superchargers.

Tesla Ala Moana Center is expanding their store. They are taking over the space to the right gaining an additional 1,600 SF.
Unfortunately there are no plans to expand their vehicle charging outside.
My understanding is the expansion is for Tesla Energy (i.e. powerwall, solar) Tesla auto will remain in the existing portion of the store. Eventually there will be a Model 3 in store replacing one of the two Model S's vehicles currently in store.

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
latest rumor that I heard is that they are waiting until Nanimac buys her 10th Tesla (not including pedal cars)

Latest rumors were one in Downtown/Kakaako and one in Kapolei. There have been a bunch of personnel changes at the Ala Moana store and service center so just trying to connect with the right person who's handling the search now. Unfortunately, some Hawaii employees were part of the 9% cuts :(

• Informative
Reactions: StephenM and P85_DA
Look at it this way. You’ll get your SC in Hawaii well before the last link in the safest transcontinental chain is completed in For(got)t(en) Stockton, Texas. Permit expired almost 600 days now and it appears the ball has been very much in Tesla’s court.

Last you will not be :).

Look at it this way. You’ll get your SC in Hawaii well before the last link in the safest transcontinental chain is completed in For(got)t(en) Stockton, Texas. Permit expired almost 600 days now and it appears the ball has been very much in Tesla’s court.

Last you will not be :).

Unfortunately, sometimes the permit process takes 600 days here in the republic of Hawaii :confused: