TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 Supercharger in Honolulu

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by treldib, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Maybe the Target parking lot in Kailua.

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Do you have a candidate location? I recommend you collect some contact info for a place you would like to see a SC in Mililani and submit it through the Charging page on Tesla.com.

3. cantbechanged

cantbechanged Member

Here we are with one month to go. What are the chances they put the Honolulu Supercharger in by New Years?

• Informative x 1
  4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

The way that the state permitting process works, we're lucky if we get it before 2019's rollout of the semi.

• Funny x 3
  5. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

When I went to the Semi reveal, I talked to the regional Tesla guy in charge of Hawaii and asked about Superchargers. He didn't know what the status was but said he would check with Drew (not sure who that is). Also said he was coming down in a few weeks. I gave him my card, so will see if I get any follow-up.

• Informative x 3
  6. KevinY

KevinY Member

upload_2017-12-15_13-42-18.png
    Old Macy's Kailua building is in grey. Only two EV spots as of 02/14/17. As I see other plans, I hope to see a whole row of Tesla chargers for the expected Kailua superchargers.

7. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

8. KevinY

KevinY Member

That looks to be just a generic place holder for Honolulu area. I don't think we'll ever see superchargers at Iolani palace.

9. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

That placeholder was there earlier this year. I know they had talked about Aloha Tower but not sure how far those discussions got.

10. KevinY

KevinY Member

Tesla Ala Moana Center is expanding their store. They are taking over the space to the right gaining an additional 1,600 SF.
    Unfortunately there are no plans to expand their vehicle charging outside.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. odub

odub Member

My understanding is the expansion is for Tesla Energy (i.e. powerwall, solar) Tesla auto will remain in the existing portion of the store. Eventually there will be a Model 3 in store replacing one of the two Model S's vehicles currently in store.

• Like x 2
  12. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

:DSupercharger Downtown!!!!
    IMG_0604.jpg

• Funny x 4
    • Love x 1
  13. cantbechanged

cantbechanged Member

• Funny x 3
  14. cantbechanged

cantbechanged Member

Any rumors floating out there?

15. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

latest rumor that I heard is that they are waiting until Nanimac buys her 10th Tesla (not including pedal cars)

• Funny x 3
  16. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Latest rumors were one in Downtown/Kakaako and one in Kapolei. There have been a bunch of personnel changes at the Ala Moana store and service center so just trying to connect with the right person who's handling the search now. Unfortunately, some Hawaii employees were part of the 9% cuts :(

• Informative x 2
  17. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Look at it this way. You’ll get your SC in Hawaii well before the last link in the safest transcontinental chain is completed in For(got)t(en) Stockton, Texas. Permit expired almost 600 days now and it appears the ball has been very much in Tesla’s court.

Last you will not be :).

18. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Unfortunately, sometimes the permit process takes 600 days here in the republic of Hawaii :confused:

19. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

:(

20. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

TaoJones, at least you guys had a permit for a SC. Closest we have to a Supercharger is a picture of one.

A third Hawaii Supercharger has been added to the Tesla map. It now shows one on Maui. Good for Maui.

• Like x 1