Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Supercharger Map is up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For 2017, I noticed a new Super Charger in Honolulu.

I read that Tesla was not considering installing any Super Charger as it is not really justified and L2 chargers are sufficient.

To circle the island is about 100 miles.

I wonder if the Super Charger would be then located near the airport and used mostly for rental car or taxi fleets?

The same fu-up who thought that software limiting power on P90D's without telling owners was a great idea, must have helped in picking some of these locations. Some of these new planned sites are less than 50 miles apart from current superchargers, while frequently traveled corridors have 300+ mile stretches without any plans for a supercharger.

Yes, I think you are right. I am so pleased to see that marker mid-Island, though — it'll be fantastic for heading up to Tofino / Ucluelet. :D

Yes, I was too hasty on the Victoria claim, but the mid-VI location was the one I had actually suggested to Tesla for the first and most critical for VI (not that they necessarily listened to me!). This one will make it easier for lower capacity cars to get to Tofino/Uclulet, as you say, but should also make it much more efficient to head all the way up to Port Hardy, which we have done twice to take the ferries up the Inside Passage.

Looks like Honolulu will finally get one for city dwellers that can't get their property managers to install chargers.
Why on earth would they put one in the Honolulu area?
The island isn't big enough to support a major road trip. Where can one go that's far away? This is sounding more and more like it will be for locals only which contradicts Tesla's travel use only scenario.
Teo Taxis in Montreal will be all over this one! (Referring to SC abuse there at its 12 stall facility. There's also two SC stalls at its store which is, surprisingly, the largest in North America!)

Why on earth would they put one in the Honolulu area?
The island isn't big enough to support a major road trip. Where can one go that's far away? This is sounding more and more like it will be for locals only which contradicts Tesla's travel use only scenario.
Teo Taxis in Montreal will be all over this one! (Referring to SC abuse there at its 12 stall facility. There's also two SC stalls at its store which is, surprisingly, the largest in North America!)
The argument for SuperChargers in Honolulu is the same as Hong Kong, London, or San Francisco. It is for locals and with the Supercharger credit system coming online soon, there will be even more incentive for Tesla to support these owners that can't get charging equipment installed where they normally park.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
The argument for SuperChargers in Honolulu is the same as Hong Kong, London, or San Francisco. It is for locals and with the Supercharger credit system coming online soon, there will be even more incentive for Tesla to support these owners that can't get charging equipment installed where they normally park.
I'm sure Hawaii is also a popular travel destination for many Tesla owners. Having a Supercharger close to Honolulu would allow Tesla rentals to be charged up easily as well. When we travel, we always try to find if there are Teslas available to rent via private parties, Turo, etc. before considering other rental car agencies which usually only have ICE cars. I bet a rental agency with a few Teslas would be able to rent them all out every day if supercharging was available.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
Chillicothe OH  - No Charging Map.jpg
Ohio - Great Progress! Cambridge, what a gift! and next year Strongsville and Sandusky.

But I need charging in Chillicothe.- South- Central Ohio. Its work related driving and I sometimes I Chillicothe OH  - No Charging Map.jpg can return home
(Springboro). But back tracking to Grove City ( Columbus) SC is 80 miles or more out of my way.