Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Tesla Model S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
861265EC-D611-40DC-BC94-F010018CDEAE.jpeg
861265EC-D611-40DC-BC94-F010018CDEAE.jpeg 653CEEA0-0996-479C-B623-F6DD7B2DE1C2.jpeg 5B57B4AA-8B89-4BE8-A274-8F81788A63FB.jpeg 394D1F69-E1D9-4CB2-B147-0B188DF4FCE0.jpeg 1F263561-CA13-4D32-8587-BC9F7521CA6A.jpeg DC28C442-CB9F-498A-BD73-5E8E6ADE44C2.jpeg 85FC7C14-EBD8-47DA-8BFA-D86BD1244E2B.jpeg 7F380C27-3B10-4C1F-9E5A-3FAB78F931E4.jpeg 3E6B6033-332A-4C3F-8233-DA9880A8940A.jpeg

9,479 miles
VIN 5YJSA1E17GF176813
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
Glass Roof
Enhanced Autopilot 2.0
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Matte Obeche Wood Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled

Asking $72,500, private message for questions.

The only sellers willing to sell at that price are sellers willing to sell to Tesla to avoid the hassles of selling it themselves. Tesla pays below wholesale and most people know that. Then they charge above retail in their CPO pricing for essentially extending a warranty and some minor cosmetic work. Any milage roughly in line with 1,000 miles per month of age usually doesn't have a large negative effect on price. High mileage like being several thousand miles over the norm does take a hit.

The only sellers willing to sell at that price are sellers willing to sell to Tesla to avoid the hassles of selling it themselves. Tesla pays below wholesale and most people know that. Then they charge above retail in their CPO pricing for essentially extending a warranty and some minor cosmetic work. Any milage roughly in line with 1,000 miles per month of age usually doesn't have a large negative effect on price. High mileage like being several thousand miles over the norm does take a hit.
I’m not commenting on the OP’s car but rather the comments above addressing real world values. Many buyers forget (and many sellers want to forget) that in early 2017 Tesla dropped the new price on equally equipped S cars by about $7500 counting current standard options (Tesla reflected that by immediately applying a $7500 inventory discount on zero mile old pricing cars). When a seller lists out and itemizes what they paid for each individual option it is not accurately depicting the current values since many of the options are now standard or included in a base car or combined cheaper in one package. The OP just listed his options as any good seller should to demonstrate the values. A used car value has to be compared the savings over a new similar car and when the comparison new car has dropped in price then used car value drops an additional percentage below the new cars pricing. True a seller can ask what they want for a used car but an intelligent informed buyer should realize the real world values may be much less. Disclaimer: I am not buying or selling any cars on this forum and thus don’t have a stake in inflating or deflating any values.

Last edited:
Reactions: yngwiescruggs
Tron also did not factor in the tax rebate of $7500 and possible $3000 depending on state. It is true tesla vehicles are in a bubble right of inflated prices right now. As more 3's hit the market that bubble will pop and owners are going to start keeping their vehicles for a longer period, and people who purchase preowned at the inflated rate will be pissed. Also, other car makers will be jumping in the EV pool which will also drive down prices and demand for teslas. As for me, Im sticking with Tesla unless they start designing cars without the model S's MUI screen. I hate the model 3 design...

Reactions: Sunshine State
Tron also did not factor in the tax rebate of $7500 and possible $3000 depending on state. It is true tesla vehicles are in a bubble right of inflated prices right now. As more 3's hit the market that bubble will pop and owners are going to start keeping their vehicles for a longer period, and people who purchase preowned at the inflated rate will be pissed. Also, other car makers will be jumping in the EV pool which will also drive down prices and demand for teslas. As for me, Im sticking with Tesla unless they start designing cars without the model S's MUI screen. I hate the model 3 design...
This is a bit off topic of this thread but at least the OP gets the bump. I think the model 3 interior design will be much more relevant when it is in the $35,000 base car, it isn’t nearly up to par in an over $50k version. It is truly crazy how much higher the CPO cars are being listed at now. At least if you follow the rate of CPO sales it is quite slow at current pricing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toppatop55
Trade in value according to KBB is $64,533 with a range from $62,077 to $66,917 and PP value is $67,674 to $ 72,956. He is asking near the top of the PP value but realistically it would sell for somewhere in that range. Cargurus.com values it at $71,448 but says it would probably sell for around $68,868. Dealers always want to buy back of book to assure themselves a good profit. If you are desperate or have lots of money and don't want the hassles of selling yourself, then by all means go ahead. Otherwise, especially for cars like Teslas that aren't sold in the millions you should be able to obtain a fair market price.

Tesla's formula to determine used car value: 1% off MSRP per month, and $1 per mile.

Curious where this calculation came from? I haven't seen it anywhere else. Common knowledge that I've missed? If true that would put many of the 2015's with mileage in the 35's at about $25K offer from Tesla. I haven't seen anyone mention a trade in offer that low.

Curious where this calculation came from? I haven't seen it anywhere else. Common knowledge that I've missed? If true that would put many of the 2015's with mileage in the 35's at about $25K offer from Tesla. I haven't seen anyone mention a trade in offer that low.
That calculation is one that Tesla often uses for new inventory and demo (showroom) cars. They are usually sold long before they are very old so it doesn’t apply to older used cars. It does however give a good comparison for very late model used cars that would have sales competition from new cars that also still can receive the tax credits.