Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Tesla Model S P100DL+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe you guys are completely unmoved by the ridiculousness of pricing a used car higher than the new and better equivalent, but are fully triggered about people commenting on it.
Whether I'm moved or not is not relevant, why this is so hard to understand. Let them sell or not sell their car. It is THEIR car. When the time comes to sell your car, I'd like to see how you would react to price comments.
It is for a very good reason, why public comments on price are not allowed on every forum... You want to educate/help seller about the current pricing? Do you want to make an offer? Take it to PM. Why make a spectacle?

This is odd and requires explanation. I understand a car always kept in California must be registered in California. Otherwise, it is against the law.

no this is a good tactic for high priced cars you don’t pay sales tax ..google up registering car in South Dakota you can save 20k plus in taxes just needs to be registered to Corp

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Whether I'm moved or not is not relevant, why this is so hard to understand. Let them sell or not sell their car. It is THEIR car. When the time comes to sell your car, I'd like to see how you would react to price comments.
It is for a very good reason, why public comments on price are not allowed on every forum... You want to educate/help seller about the current pricing? Do you want to make an offer? Take it to PM. Why make a spectacle?

Lol why can we comment on everything but when it comes to a car sale ad I have to keep my mouth shut even though even apart from the pricing it just contains incorrect information?

The guy claims in the ad "it has every option" and it doesn't. He says it can do 0-60 in 2.20 and it can't. He prices it above a new and improved version of the SAME CAR. The whole ad is ridiculous and I am not allowed to comment on it because "it's rude"?

I can't believe you guys are completely unmoved by the ridiculousness of pricing a used car higher than the new and better equivalent, but are fully triggered about people commenting on it.

This baffles me too. I don't know what irks me more, delusional owners who sell over new price or the hair-bear-bunch who always jump in to "defend the forum".

This ostrich dude was one of the few who jumped in AWD's defense too a while back... just sayin'

Lol why can we comment on everything but when it comes to a car sale ad I have to keep my mouth shut even though even apart from the pricing it just contains incorrect information?

The guy claims in the ad "it has every option" and it doesn't. He says it can do 0-60 in 2.20 and it can't. He prices it above a new and improved version of the SAME CAR. The whole ad is ridiculous and I am not allowed to comment on it because "it's rude"?
Then it won't sell it... Simple as that. Your price help is not required, at least publicly... And if someone didn't do their research and is willing to pay more, or has more money than brains, well, so be it. Do you want to question his performance claims? Feel free. Ask to produce time slip, which he won't. The reason for not discussing the price elsewhere, is exactly what we have here- a mess, which ruins FS thread. Also, to keep tire kickers away. It's a simple ethics, looks like you haven't been on car forums a lot.

If people are demanding mod intervention for the comments in FS threads. Then there should also be mod intervention for ridiculously priced bordering troll FS posts.

At present, laissez faire seems to be working quite well - with the ridiculous FS posts being rightfully critiqued and the reasonable posts getting good feedback and actually selling.

This baffles me too. I don't know what irks me more, delusional owners who sell over new price or the hair-bear-bunch who always jump in to "defend the forum".

This ostrich dude was one of the few who jumped in AWD's defense too a while back... just sayin'
If you stepped back from your mob you'd see that I wasn't defending him or his post I was pointing out that you guys were all ganging up on him and handling your exceptions to his post in a poor manner. Like I said then and it applies here: it's possible to be right and wrong at teh same time. Even if you and the others were right how you handled it was wrong and you piled in on him over and over again over a span of weeks. When that wasn't enough your little group even started a new thread to mock and ridicule him. Abhorrent behavior for a community that is supposed to stand for something more.

If you stepped back from your mob you'd see that I wasn't defending him or his post I was pointing out that you guys were all ganging up on him and handling your exceptions to his post in a poor manner. Like I said then and it applies here: it's possible to be right and wrong at teh same time. Even if you and the others were right how you handled it was wrong and you piled in on him over and over again over a span of weeks. When that wasn't enough your little group even started a new thread to mock and ridicule him. Abhorrent behavior for a community that is supposed to stand for something more.
You have a weird sense of morailty:
- Pricing used cars higher than new cars in hopes someone who hasn't done any research will overpay - COMPLETELY OK
- Using fake Vroom offers to convince gullible members to overpay - COMPLETELY OK
- Mentioning what a new car sells for - ABHORRENT

Then it won't sell it... Simple as that. Your price help is not required, at least publicly... And if someone didn't do their research and is willing to pay more, or has more money than brains, well, so be it. Do you want to question his performance claims? Feel free. Ask to produce time slip, which he won't. The reason for not discussing the price elsewhere, is exactly what we have here- a mess, which ruins FS thread. Also, to keep tire kickers away. It's a simple ethics, looks like you haven't been on car forums a lot.

Does this mean you're totally fine with horrible misleading lying ads on TV or Facebook because hey if someone's gullible enough to fall for them then they deserve to be robbed of their money. Is that correct?

• Disagree
Reactions: Daddy S and P85_DA
- Pricing used cars higher than new cars in hopes someone who hasn't done any research will overpay - COMPLETELY OK
- Using fake Vroom offers to convince gullible members to overpay - COMPLETELY OK

Please just grow some balls and just buy a tesla. As youve mentioned there are many great deals offered. So just buy 1 already

Its as if there isn't a site already where sellers can post their ads without discussion - onlyusedtesla?

Again it seems that people are neglecting the fact that this is a forum where threads are created to ensue discussion - whether you like it or not.

Well, in the OP/seller's limited defense, this exact build is no longer available: no Pano Roofs, white IP's, and ventilated seats (which are, sadly, a gross error on Tesla's part--at this price point, they NEED TO BE STANDARD on Performance Teslas).

Also, with the now-standard basic AP, it's up to as of tonight's build out on the Tesla.com website:

$105,990

Purchase price

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Please, quit demagoguery...

There is zero demagoguery. I am applying your logic to the real world.

If the OP can price his car ridiculously and be misleading about his car and that's OK and if someone falls for it that is because they deserve it, then by the same logic any kind of false advertising should be allowed because people who fell for it deserved it. Nobody should be able to call out a preposterous ad on Facebook by writing a comment under it because THAT would be wrong, not the ad itself.

I think I am really done with this conversation.

Its worth at least $80K+, due to the awesome pictures! I love the level of effort and the level of care the seller has for this vehicle, The HRE Wheels - are a personal taste thing (not for me), I would get a good set of Titan7's for $2K verses $12K for the bespoke wheels.
I checked the ev-cpo site for a used P100D and the most expensive one was $99K with FSD and all options plus a Tesla warranty - minus free supercharging. So the benchmark that has been set on price is outside the market range. I keep watching for the <$80K P100D, so I can buy my 4th Model S and sell my P85+ to my son at a reasonable price. I have missed a couple of awesome deals that went for even less... I'll keep watching.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
There is zero demagoguery. I am applying your logic to the real world.

If the OP can price his car ridiculously and be misleading about his car and that's OK and if someone falls for it that is because they deserve it, then by the same logic any kind of false advertising should be allowed because people who fell for it deserved it. Nobody should be able to call out a preposterous ad on Facebook by writing a comment under it because THAT would be wrong, not the ad itself.

I think I am really done with this conversation.
There's a saying:"don't stop idiots from doing idiotic things" Think about it, it has much deeper meaning than one may think. Car market is a perfect example of it. And please, don't compare it to selling overpriced food to starving kids in Africa. Now, that'd be WRONG
I'm certainly done with this discussion